Custom 24 no birds?

Djames

Hey everyone, I'm looking at a 2004 custom 24 with moon inlays. Does anyone know why it doesn't have birds? Was it an option to opt out for moons? Thanks so much and I'll post pics later of the family of the deal goes through.

It's actually the other way around. On the Cu24, birds were the option but most of the retailers just had the option put on most of the time. Now the birds are the standard. Here is the list from a 2007 price list - I don't have a 2004.

Custom 22 or 24

Carved figured maple top with mahogany back, 25" scale length
mahogany neck with rosewood fretboard, moon inlays, volume & tone
Neck carve 22 fret - wide fat control, 5-way rotary pickup selector, PRS 14:1 low mass locking tuners,
Neck carve 24 fret - wide thin hardshell case
Electronics 22 fret - Dragon II treble & bass pickups with covers
Electronics 24 fret - HFS treble & Vintage bass pickups Hardware 22 fret - PRS stoptail or PRS tremolo
Hardware 24 fret - PRS tremolo

Options
Gold hardware $440
10 top flame $650,
10 top quilt $850
Bird inlays $360

Prices are MSRP, not actual.

I picked it up today, as expected it's a tone machine. It's in mint condition and I also like the look of the moons. Big difference between this and my McCarty as far as feel goes.

I managed to score a mint Custom 24 with the moons. Honestly when I bought it I thought I was getting burned cuz it didn't have the birds. Talked the guy down to $275.00 . After reading the forum I know I got a good deal

Birds aren't worth $360. I can get a rotisserie chicken at my local Costco fully cooked and ready to eat for $5.

Meanwhile my bag of a dozen soy “chicken” nuggets is somehow $7.

You have to consider the bone removal, grinding the bird and reconstituting it into your nuggets. Lots of extra labor and additives and preservatives cost more.:confused:

Back