custom 24 neck question

eveyprs

Hi all I no its a bit early but the family have said I can have a custom 24 for my 50th next year, my question is I really love the wide thin neck profile on the older se custom 24 models, what neck profile is the same as this? the pattern thin or the pattern regular, if neither of those is the same can I order a custom 24 and specify the wide thin profile? and also what exactely is the artist pacakage?
Regards
Dave from Australia

For your first question, the wide thin and pattern thin are the same dimension-wise. For the second, yes you can get wide thin as you have a choice of either pattern thin, or pattern regular, so you would choose pattern thin. Then, the artist package is where you get to specify many more options like the type of woods for neck, body, fretboard, pickups (except for Brazilian Rosewood since you are in Australia, it's for USA only), and many more color choices than the stock Custom 24.

You can see the stock specs here.

You can see the Artist Package specs here.

The one thing to keep in mind is that, since you will not get it until next year for your 50th, all these options may be a bit different for 2016. Unless, of course, you buy it this year and wait till next year to get it.

Ah, choices, choices, choices. Ain't it just great!? :) You sure can't go wrong on this one!

Mark

Thanks Mark I played a se cu 24 30th anniversary but they have changed the neck spec to a pattern thin but it felt to chunky for me compaered to my 2013 se cu 24 and my two week old se Navarro. that wide thin profile has become my fav neck shape hands down. I sent prs an email and they agreed the neck on the se cu 24 30th model is indeed thicker and narrower.

Yes, I agree the 30th is different, but I thought you were considering the custom 24, and not the se version. Guess I was confused from your question above. Sorry if I threw a monkey wrench into the works. :dontknow:

no I am getting the usa version that's why I am asking about the necks I want to get the correct neck on the usa custom 24 Mark

Mark when I played the se cu 24 30th I really couldn't get used to that neck, being 48 and playing since 8 years old I know what neck profile I like and the wide thin for me is the one, I bought the se Navarro instead im not a fan of dave Navarro although he is a great player but I love the white finish with the gold hardware, and it plays like a dream, for all purposes its a se cu 24 in jet white I reckon.

I'm with you, eveyprs. And I would go for the Artist Package myself with pattern regular - I have it on my Paul's and like it the best. Pattern thin is your ticket. though. Good luck!!

Back