Custom 24: My Desire, Salute, and Delight | Part II (NGD)

Roberto Sosa

It's Friday and she is finally here! Delivery guy just dropped her off. The box was kinda warm, so I'm letting the case get acclimated for a little bit, before attempting to exhume the beast.

So exited!

tumblr_makvhswSAU1qd563j.gif

I wonder if I should wait for the wife to get here --but maybe I wont. In the mean time, I wanted to share a few words:

Almost ten years ago, I walked into a big guitar store and placed an order... the guy wrote down all the specs (color, pus, neck profile, you name it!). A few weeks later or so, I get a call to pick up my new axe. My schedule was slammed, and my roommate at the time volunteered to go and pick it up. I was so disappointed, furious, and confused, when my buddy shows up with the wrong neck/color combination --that was like of the whole purpose of the order!

But that moment disappeared very quickly. When he said trust me: you are going to like this one better, he wasn't kidding. The neck was like picking up part of your soul, and it played ... oh! and the sounds, jamming moans of pure bliss. Don't know how I got so lucky. Up to this day, the truth is uncertain as to if he just picked up another guitar off the pile or if the store really messed up the order, big time. I had gone to the same place multiple times before to try out a few models, and I don't recall that particular one being on display, but that's old news now. Although, probably one of the main reasons why I wanted to give another dealer a try. Maybe this most recent transaction made me feel more intimate, special, or taken care of like a real person. But this might not be the right place or time for this, so moving on.

The point was, that after so many years, my beloved CU22 was that love affair that happen by a fluke, a sweet one --but always wandering in the back of my head what that other one could have been. Well today, I really hope this feeling is over. After months of debating, searching, researching, and searching again, I think I found what I was looking for.

Saw it, wanted it, bought it.

tumblr_m8u0ziwt5i1rqpx0x.gif

Last edited:
Wow another NGD thread big day today !!!
Happy weekend for you guys
Sweet guitar
congrats

:goodnight: I think I might be going crazy --or probably is just time to go to sleep, and stop staring at these NGDs all day long. But... is it possible the headstock on this 2012 CU24 is slightly larger than my old CU22 from 2002? I just feels different, although it might be the Phase III throwing me off. Just wondering, as is not like I can't do a comparison now.

The neck definitely feels different, but i can't comment more until I've played it a bit longer. I'll be turning up the gain on my Rivera tomorrow for sure.

Well, I don't know if it is proper etiquette to bring this old post back to life --but after playing my new baby for a few weeks now, all I can say is that this CU24 is indeed awesome! It fulfilled all my expectations and then some.

...Am I sad that I had to get rid of some of my other guitars to raise enough liquid funds for this one? Yes, I'm a bit gloomy about that... but can this one do the job of all the other ones, and more elegantly? Absolutely. Can you ever have enough guitars? Absolutely not! (but this is now my primary, favorite, and most beloved now)​.

Thanks Brian G. for serving as the matchmaker.

Back