Custom 24 Floyd- opinions?

I have 3 of them and they are all absolutely amazing guitars and these are my only 3 guitars that I own.
I'll have to post some pictures at some point.
I have a faded whale blue, metallic emerald green swamp ash and an Eriza Verde.

Once you set the intonation, you only need one wrench that you can magentically attach to the back of the neck, so fear not.
hexhider-magnetic-3mm-allen-wrench-black.jpg

how did that work on changing strings? Enough space to spin the wrench, or do you have to grab and regrab as you turn the locker?

how did that work on changing strings? Enough space to spin the wrench, or do you have to grab and regrab as you turn the locker?

What I usually will do is tilt the trem down and then loosen it with the wrench. Once the bolt is loose, you can loosen it further via fingers. When putting a new string, snug it up finger tight, tilt the bar and then tighten. Works without issue.

I've got one of the first runs of PRSi with Floyds from back in 2010 when Martin Music in Memphis commissioned 10 of them through the Wood Library, some of the first WL's ever made (mine is WL0014). It has an original stacked sweet switch, highly figured Madagascar rosewood board and flamed mahogany neck (regular carve), 59/09 p/us, abalone birds, and checks all the boxes I ever wanted in a PRS with a Floyd. Color is Faded Indigo...
2010-PRS-Custom-24-Floyd-WL-Full.jpg
My understanding was that they had to be made in the Private Stock shop due to issues with carving out the bodies for the Floyds, but I'm not certain of that. Here's a few pics...
2010-PRS-Custom-24-Floyd-WL-Front-1.jpg
2010-PRS-Custom-24-Floyd-WL-Front-2.jpg
2010-PRS-Custom-24-Floyd-WL-Full-Back-Case.jpg

I actually have toyed with the idea… just to have the metal pups….. but I can’t bring myself to the misery of the Floyd….. I just….

Can’t.
Are you looking for a set of \m/etal PRS pickups? I have a set of brand new ones I took out a friend of mine's CU24 Floyd. He wanted the FR bridge but different pickups.

I've got one of the first runs of PRSi with Floyds from back in 2010 when Martin Music in Memphis commissioned 10 of them through the Wood Library, some of the first WL's ever made (mine is WL0014). It has an original stacked sweet switch, highly figured Madagascar rosewood board and flamed mahogany neck (regular carve), 59/09 p/us, abalone birds, and checks all the boxes I ever wanted in a PRS with a Floyd. Color is Faded Indigo...
My understanding was that they had to be made in the Private Stock shop due to issues with carving out the bodies for the Floyds, but I'm not certain of that. Here's a few pics...
Love how they did the route on that one! WAY nicer with the maple stained and finished, not just painted black.

I've seen a couple pop up on Reverb in the last couple of days, Wedge. There is also one on the Facebook PRS Buy/Sell/Trade group right now.

Damn, that's hot!

yeah I have seen them all and am encouraged that I won’t have to go new maybe. Gotta move a guitar or two, my new McCcarty Korina may be on the block……
Good luck!

yeah I have seen them all and am encouraged that I won’t have to go new maybe. Gotta move a guitar or two, my new McCcarty Korina may be on the block……
When I think of a McCarty Korina, its the 2 knob and toggle switch or is it a McCarty 594 in Korina because if thats the case, we may have something to talk about. ;)

GTFO! For a guitar with a Floyd? For why?

Sorry, but putting a Floyd on a PRS is a solution to no problem.

If you must… why don’t you just send the pink CE to get a Floyd put in?

I love Floyd's and I had 3 24's with them, I sold them off over the past year. I found I like the OG PRS trem better, it felt better to me under my hand with the carve of the top. I still have Floyds there just on my Super Strats.

GTFO! For a guitar with a Floyd? For why?

Sorry, but putting a Floyd on a PRS is a solution to no problem.

If you must… why don’t you just send the pink CE to get a Floyd put in?

I have considered that and I like that one the way it is. This mcCarty is perfect, but maybe not perfect for me I think. The fact that I am considering moving it kind of confirms it for me. And when I have an itch I usually have to scratch it ya know?

Yeah a friend had one and didn’t like the body shape or feel and it didnt have the full spec Floyd.

Not Core but I have modded to the full extent 30th se Floyd and Torero. Both awesome instruments but also very different. The Torero has more of quasi super strat vibe and the 30th PRS.

Back