Subzero Smoked Burst
Private Stock grade Quilt maple top with matching headstock veneer
Black Limba body
Korina neck, 7 String thin carve
Ebony fretboard with Chrysocolla old birds with mother of pearl outlines
Bareknuckle Nailbomb Humbuckers
Hipshot 7 Hardtail (individual saddles)
Multi-Scale 25.5″ / 24.75″
http://briansguitars.com/product/pa...24-7-string-multi-scale-sub-zero-smoked-burst

DSC_1658.jpg

DSC_1664.jpg

DSC_1669.jpg

DSC_1661.jpg

DSC_1665.jpg

DSC_1673.jpg

DSC_1672.jpg

DSC_1671.jpg

interesting way to do a fan, but negating the fan on the lower end makes it more pronounced on the high end and harder to play on that end. Most guys playing fanned fret guitars aren't doing chord work, so there isn't a need to have straight frets on the low end. Thus why you see these guitars fanned evenly from end to end so that playability is even all along the neck.

Nice guitar though! Someone will enjoy it.

interesting way to do a fan, but negating the fan on the lower end makes it more pronounced on the high end and harder to play on that end. Most guys playing fanned fret guitars aren't doing chord work, so there isn't a need to have straight frets on the low end. Thus why you see these guitars fanned evenly from end to end so that playability is even all along the neck.

Nice guitar though! Someone will enjoy it.
The angled frets are even end to end, just hard to tell in photos.

The angled frets are even end to end, just hard to tell in photos.

The nut is angled???? Well....ignore what I said lol You should take a straight on shot of the front of the guitar to better show that.

The nut is angled???? Well....ignore what I said lol You should take a straight on shot of the front of the guitar to better show that.
All of the photos are in the web listing, thanks

Actually, that's not true, it'll literally be like playing a 25.5" scale on the high fret of the low string, since it's a really mild fan of 24.75 to 25.5. In the more extreme case of the 25 to 26.7 scale of the Ibanez AELFF10, then yes, the perpendicular fret should be higher up the neck (I've heard Ormsby and Abasi look more at the 8th or 9th fret, but the Ibanez looks to be around the 6th or 7th fret), but I think this is perfect for us non-djent 7-string players. I'd be curious how much of a fan a 25.5 to 26.22 multiscale would be.

Back