Custom 24 35th anniversary vs 24-08

Alan Jurgens

I have narrowed down my next guitar to these two models. Can you tell me what differences that you would notice between the two. I most likely would buy new, however I could stretch to mint used in a higher grade 24-08.

The biggest difference between the two is the three way toggle on the 35th anniversary instead of the three way blade on the 24-08. I’m pretty sure the only other differences are the small eagle on the headstock and truss rod cover on the 35th anniversary. If you went with a wood library 24-08 then the type of woods could vary as well.

Toggle switch vs blade on the 24-08. Toggle is a much better design in my opinion, both visually and practically.

35th FTW. The toggle is more aesthetically pleasing IMO, and it will carry the always fun "anniversary" designation forever!

I don’t think you’ll find a 35th anniversary with a flame neck as I don’t think you can do a wood library build with them. The 24-08 on the other hand...
rFlDFxb_d.jpg

i4kdIc4_d.jpg

I have narrowed down my next guitar to these two models. Can you tell me what differences that you would notice between the two. I most likely would buy new, however I could stretch to mint used in a higher grade 24-08.

You can’t go wrong with either choice. Anniversary models are great guitars. I have a 20th Annie and had a 25th. I still prefer the 24-08.

Back