Custom 24-08 with neck OTHER than Pattern Thin?

RAM Engineer

I’m jonesing for a Custom 24-08, but I’m not sure how I’ll get long with the Pattern Thin neck profile. My current guitar (Hamer Special FM) is a fairly medium size neck. Not fat 50s, but not “Slim Taper”.

What are your opinions on the thickness (or lack thereof) and width of the Pattern Thin carve?

Is the 24-08 available with a Pattern (or Pattern Regular) neck option without going Private Stock?

Thanks,
Jason

I have a wood library I bought from Wild West several years ago with a Pattern neck shape. One of my favorites.

I’m jonesing for a Custom 24-08, but I’m not sure how I’ll get long with the Pattern Thin neck profile. My current guitar (Hamer Special FM) is a fairly medium size neck. Not fat 50s, but not “Slim Taper”.

What are your opinions on the thickness (or lack thereof) and width of the Pattern Thin carve?

Is the 24-08 available with a Pattern (or Pattern Regular) neck option without going Private Stock?

Thanks,
Jason

Not as common but older models will. They dropped it from the line up and not sure when or if it will return.

I personally like the pattern thin. I bounce from neck to neck profiles without issue. It's not as thin as you'd think. I find it more normal than thin. Much like a strat c or something, and definitely not wizard thin or anything like that. I saw this the other day that might help..

Screenshot_20220806-195448_Galleryded9c500515e1d4a.jpg

I have a custom 24, 35th anniversary with a pattern regular neck, I would not have bought it if it had a pattern thin neck..I can’t work with the thin neck, and yes, to me it makes a big difference. I have tendon damage, and the pattern thin causes me pain, and cramping. I searched for about a month until I finally tracked one down at Dave’s guitars. ( thank you Phil K.! ) Theyre out there, and believe me, it’s worth the Search and the wait! Good hunting!

The 35th Anniversary guitars were available with different neck profiles. Just a thought…
This. I have a 35th Anniversary Core Custom 24 with a Pattern Regular. It feels super comfortable, but that being said, Pattern Thin isn't as paper thin, shred neck as something like an Ibanez Wizard or a Jackson neck.

After 4 hand surgeries, I have no complaints about any of the neck profiles. Just don’s ask me to play a 25.5 scale length. I have yet to play an F that I liked the stock neck on. For me it’s all PRS all the time. I have very neck profile they make.

"Pattern Thin" (as on my S2 594 Thinline") is really not thin or skinny ... I am a small hands guy and I find it my Fav PRS neck profile so far ...

BUT I find PRS "Pattern Thin" to be a lot like the "Deep C" neck profile on my Fender Am Pro Jaguar ...

You would never mistake it for Pattern Vintage (really chunky) ... but not like a Fender 60 's C profile so much a it is a tad thicker top to bottom ...

I just bought a Custom 24 Piezo in Pattern Thin that was surprised wasn't as thin as a regular Custom 24 I had years ago. I find the PT to be just a little thicker than my Suhr Modern with the "Elliptical" neck shape.

Back