Custom 24/08 pickup advices

Husseyin

Hello Friends I have just got a Beautifull Custom 24/08 10 top in Blackwrapburst and I ordered it online and It's my first Core PRS and when I plugged it . It sounded wayy huge to my needs .... which pickups can you recommend me for this beautifull guitar it looks great plays like butter but doesnt sound as I wish ..... Is it possible to make it sound more vintagey with pup change only ????

If you want to stay with PRS pickups and sound more vintage, look into the 57/08 and/or 59/09. 53/10 usually get high marks too, but are much harder to come by.

I can find 57 08 will it take me to blues /Rock territory ????? cause 85/15 s area too loud and Hard Rock and beyond sounding pups as far as I experienced

I can find 57 08 will it take me to blues /Rock territory ????? cause 85/15 s area too loud and Hard Rock and beyond sounding pups as far as I experienced
I'm a big fan of the 58/15s for that style and sound. PRS doesn't sell them direct, but you can sometimes find them used - except they're usually quite expensive.
However, I have several SE guitars that have the import versions (58/15 "S") pickups, and to my ears they sound fantastic too, and are pretty easy to find on Reverb for a fraction of what the USA non-S ones go for.

Congrats on your new Core Model!

I have a 24/08 with 58/15MT's and they are excellent pickups and can encompass quite wide variety of tones.

I would suggest, though, giving the 85/15's a good run through before coming off even more cash for a set of pickups. I have a 35th Anniversary CU24, which is basically a 24/08 with 85/15's. That guitar can cover a lot of tones as well, including the ones you're after. Also keep in mind adjusting the pickup height and amp settings will take miles in tonal distance.

Congrats, again, on your new guitar!

Last edited:
Lower the pu's and/or the pole pieces, the 85/15's are very responsive to adjustments. And lower the volume/tone to taste. If that doesn't work, start looking for pu's.
tried Im at limits of lowering Pus I am definetly in market for pickups friends

Hello Friends I have just got a Beautifull Custom 24/08 10 top in Blackwrapburst and I ordered it online and It's my first Core PRS and when I plugged it . It sounded wayy huge to my needs .... which pickups can you recommend me for this beautifull guitar it looks great plays like butter but doesnt sound as I wish ..... Is it possible to make it sound more vintagey with pup change only ????

Have you tried using the Tone control as well as manipulating the Volume control? These guitars are not designed to operate with the VOL & TONE knobs on 10 all the time.

Have you tried using the Tone control as well as manipulating the Volume control? These guitars are not designed to operate with the VOL & TONE knobs on 10 all the time.
Thank you for your suggestion sir I tried it actually I'm not playing it nowadays I loved Its quality /feel but sounds coming is not for me I'll try to sell it probably and buy myself a 594

Thank you for your suggestion sir I tried it actually I'm not playing it nowadays I loved Its quality /feel but sounds coming is not for me I'll try to sell it probably and buy myself a 594
If you're really happy with everything except the pickups (feel, look) then I'd stick with your initial plan and swap out the pickups. You can get a set of 58/15's for a lot less money than buying a new 594 (which comes with 58/15's). For what you'll lose on selling the 24-08, seems to me not worth it - especially since you said you really like the feel. To me, that's the most important part - everything else can be upgraded/changed easily enough, but a guitar that just feels right isn't always easy to find

If you're really happy with everything except the pickups (feel, look) then I'd stick with your initial plan and swap out the pickups. You can get a set of 58/15's for a lot less money than buying a new 594 (which comes with 58/15's). For what you'll lose on selling the 24-08, seems to me not worth it - especially since you said you really like the feel. To me, that's the most important part - everything else can be upgraded/changed easily enough, but a guitar that just feels right isn't always easy to find
ACtually I'm happy everything except the sound&dynamics of the guitar which I bought it for this reason playability and feel also important but if there s no expected sound what would I do with playability and May I get the sound with desired pickups .... who knows .... online buying was the problem :/

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JQ7lHg1d85EIa9tjKUiIWu_AHzBn8TI-/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
ACtually I'm happy everything except the sound&dynamics of the guitar which I bought it for this reason playability and feel also important but if there s no expected sound what would I do with playability and May I get the sound with desired pickups .... who knows .... online buying was the problem :/

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JQ7lHg1d85EIa9tjKUiIWu_AHzBn8TI-/view?usp=sharing
I had a similar experience with the SE 35th anniversary model. I loved how it felt and looked, but the pickups (in this case import TCI-S's) didn't suit me. I actually swapped them out with a pair of 58/15-S's that I got for just over $100 on reverb. Now it's perfect!

The more time I spend with 85/15 the less they work for me. The 85/15s was more so, never bonded after much tweaking. That's me though, differnet folks different strokes. Funny thing is I really wanted the 85/15 too, even after I didn't care for the 85/15s. My buddy loves the 85/15.

The 57/08 and 59/09 are another story. Absolutely fantastic pickups to me. The 59/09 are perfect in my CU24 and the 57/08 are amazing in my SC58. I haven't owned a set of 58/15 but by all demo accounts I like them, Including the S. I'll soon know about the S as I have a SE HBII on order..

Back