Custom 24-08 Delays

jeanjoun

Hey everyone!

Happy holidays, hope you are all getting some great quality time with your guitars and loved ones. Wanted to field the group to see if you have experienced this, and if my current situation is pretty normal. My Custom 24-08 in Cobalt Blue was supposed to ship out from PRS to Guitar Center on 12/10, which got pushed to 12/19, and is now apparently pushed back until February.

Have you guys experienced this with your orders? Can I expect it to truly come in February, or should I expect another delay. Would appreciate any and all input!

I just purchased an 2021 Artist packaged PRS. The store said their PRS rep told them that the in 2022, you can only get Artist with a private stock order due to shortage of high quality wood. Which means the price is probably going to double. Maybe this is part of the reason that yours is getting pushed back.

I just purchased an 2021 Artist packaged PRS. The store said their PRS rep told them that the in 2022, you can only get Artist with a private stock order due to shortage of high quality wood. Which means the price is probably going to double. Maybe this is part of the reason that yours is getting pushed back.
oh wow that's crazy!

Like i said "If." I would there are back ups in Maryland, because all the suppliers are not all back up. Nice axe, it will be worth the wait.
Thanks man! Wanted to clarify, in case you had further insight about core vs se production times! But thank you, I am sure it will be worth the wait too

I'm in the same boat, I pre-ordered a Cobalt Blue Special Semi Hollow earlier in the year with a ETA of September 2021, that quickly got moved to June 2022. They will ship one day, probably not today but the wait will be worth it.

The only problem I see is GC. I wash my hands of them after the last run around. I don't believe a word they say about anything.

But as said, major backlog due to covid. Its happening everywhere. Your guitar will come just wouldn't get my hopes up for a date given by GC.

Congrats and take solace it'll be worth the wait.

I'm in the same boat. I ordered this same guitar back in July. Sweetwater rep said ETAs are anyones guess right now

I'm in the same boat, I pre-ordered a Cobalt Blue Special Semi Hollow earlier in the year with a ETA of September 2021, that quickly got moved to June 2022. They will ship one day, probably not today but the wait will be worth it.

Ouch! I gave up on waiting for a new one, got very lucky and nabbed a used one on the 'verb last week. I wish I had a crystal ball a year ago, I would've told us both to get one then!

Back