Custom 22's???

Love mine, Custom-22 w/Trem, w/f neck, 7.5lbs. On Fire.......
Snapshot_20121101.jpg
contrast button abuse? :flute:

(see my signature) I play mine through a Mesa Boogie 50 watt Rect-O-Verb series 2 combo. Tube screamer, Crybaby wah, Boss delay. Switch mostly between Channel 1 Clean and Channel 2 Vintage. Love the Solo boost button on the footswitch. This amp does it all from shimmery cleans to chugga chugga metal.

I have the Dragon II pickups in my CU22, but I am considering swapping them out for a newer set of PRS pickups that can work with the original 3way switch and push-pull pot.

The Dragon I pickups in my CE22 were a bit hotter and more expressive to my ears. It's hard to come across a set of those, though.

Any alternative suggestions?

(see my signature)Any alternative suggestions?
diezel hagen or herbert with a RWnecked guitar weaponed with 5909s.
organic and true R'n'R.
who ever played a Diezel in here?
i love it and i don't say this 'cause peter is a familar friend of me.
if you ever felt this punch from a diezel amp you'll know.

diezel hagen or herbert with a RWnecked guitar weaponed with 5909s.
organic and true R'n'R.
who ever played a Diezel in here?
i love it and i don't say this 'cause peter is a familar friend of me.
if you ever felt this punch from a diezel amp you'll know.

Own a Herbert! LOVE the Herbert! Although I am not sure what I like better: the Herbert or VH4! The Einstein is pretty awesome as well! Have not played the Hagen yet.

the hagen is anyhow inbetween herbert and VH4.
the herbert sounds a lil more brutal - the hagen has a "rounder" distortion texture.

I own a cu22, mccarty & a 2011 cu24. I love all three. I play through a 1st gen 5150 that I bought new in 1994. The mid range freqs on this amp seem a little harsh to me. I just use the EQ on my g-major to cut 1k about 4db and presto. Its all good.

I have a 5150 head with 2 5150 slant cabs. bought it new in 1994 and have played the heck out of it. the mid range is a little harsh so I use my g-major to drop 1k about 4db thats the ticket.

Anyone have a tone report on a CU22 with rosewood neck? I had a McMcarty I liked a lot and I see a BRW neck CU22 for sale that's really tempting me.

in my sig but

08 CU22, Diezel herbert with kt77's, Dual recto 6L6's( getting ready to send the mesa to Kyle Rhodes on Jan 1 so he can work his recto magic) Orange 4/12, Mesa 4/12 both with vintage 30's, TS808, OCD v3, ISP decimater, MXR eq in the loop of the boogie. I think my PRS has Dragon 2's atleast thats what I was told the other day when I bought it...but then again he told me it was a CU24 lol .... After the Xmas craziness stops Im going to restring her and pull the pickups...what evers in there Im not real impressed so far..

any of you herbert guys want to post your amp settings..I'll post mine her in a few

Last edited:
Back