Custom 22 Semi-Hollow: SE vs S2?

var_guitar

Hey everybody, just fishing for a little advice.

I'm thinking about what my next guitar should be, and I'm honing in on a Custom 22 Semi-Hollow. I've tried the SE variant a number of times at GC and liked it much more than any of the other PRSs there – I'm confident I'd love the SE – but I've never tried the S2.

The S2 isn't necessarily out of budget, so I'd like to give it fair consideration. Is it worth the extra $1k, and if so, why?

Thanks!

I've had both, and they are different due to the neck material. The S2 sounding darker due to the hog neck, and the SE snappier due to the maple. Both are built well, but the S2 did feel a bit more solid, but personally I liked the SE sound better due to it being different from my other Prsi. You won't be wrong either way, and I'm sure someone is gonna come along and tell you to get both
We're helpful like that here. Good luck.

I bought an SE Custom 22 semi-hollow as a Christmas present to myself, and still loving it. I would prefer a thicker neck but there's so many other things I like about it, I can't complain. So many good tones, between the single-coil and humbucker modes. I also like the 10" fretboard radius and the medium frets. If you played it and liked it, I'd say get it!

Back