Custom 22, McCarty or CE24?

DCDetector

Looking for a new addition to the family. Only PRS I've got right now is a SE Zach Myers. Looking at either a Custom 22, McCarty or CE24? or?

Thanks

Well here's my dilemma. I live in a small city with a population of 28k. No music stores within a hundred miles so I have had to order all my guitars online with no chance to try them first..

Well here's my dilemma. I live in a small city with a population of 28k. No music stores within a hundred miles so I have had to order all my guitars online with no chance to try them first..

100 miles isn’t a very long drive.

All of them have there pros. All have a differant sound. You need to play them , then choose.

^this

100 miles isn’t a very long drive.

yagguZD.jpg

Yes 100 miles is not far to drive, but I work for the hospital and I need to remain within 15 minutes at all times.

I have bought all my guitars online and have yet to regret a one. In fact my first time online I wanted to buy a Les Paul Standard premium plus and figured there was know way to know if I'd get a lemon until I got it so I bought two. I bought a 2006 LP Plus in Heritage Cherry Burst and a 2007 LP in Heritage Cherry Burst figuring I's have better odds of getting one I liked and sell the other. Well both were fantastic and I ended up keeping both. So buying online doesn't scare me. I know sooner or later i'll get bit, but till then my only option is buying online. I just want to know what my best odds are at $2,500

If you had $2,500 to buy a new PRS with what would you buy I guess is the short question.

All of them are going to play and sound just as they should. PRS is not like Gibson you don't need to find the good one. All of them are good ones. It really comes down to what sound you like. The McCarty is going to have a deeper tone. The CE24 is going to be brighter, and the CU22 will fall in between. Also consider, do you want a tremolo? You'll have differant neck options also.

If I had $2500 I'd look for the best deal between the Carty and the CU22. Also don't rule out a DGT

Yes 100 miles is not far to drive, but I work for the hospital and I need to remain within 15 minutes at all times.

I have bought all my guitars online and have yet to regret a one. In fact my first time online I wanted to buy a Les Paul Standard premium plus and figured there was know way to know if I'd get a lemon until I got it so I bought two. I bought a 2006 LP Plus in Heritage Cherry Burst and a 2007 LP in Heritage Cherry Burst figuring I's have better odds of getting one I liked and sell the other. Well both were fantastic and I ended up keeping both. So buying online doesn't scare me. I know sooner or later i'll get bit, but till then my only option is buying online. I just want to know what my best odds are at $2,500

If you had $2,500 to buy a new PRS with what would you buy I guess is the short question.

2500 could get you a used ce24 and used cu22 at the same time. They won't be case queens but it's 2 guitars!!!!!

On the used market there are tons of CU22 options just a quick look on reverb I saw a Killer 2014 CU22 Trem in Leprechaun tooth below 2K
Love my CU22s ( i might have one to let go ;) soon )
I would look for a top flight CU22 with the options/color you love

On the used market there are tons of CU22 options just a quick look on reverb I saw a Killer 2014 CU22 Trem in Leprechaun tooth below 2K
Love my CU22s ( i might have one to let go ;) soon )
I would look for a top flight CU22 with the options/color you love

It wouldn't be the soapbar would it??????

Back