Curse you Reverb!

I love rosewood rings and have them on a couple of mine. I do think the maple rings would look a little better on this guitar though. Just my opinion

Yup. To me, it kinda depends on how the rosewood fretboard marries up with the maple rings. It might look odd for the 2 woods to bump up against each other. ???

I'd vote:

1. rosewood rings in the exact color as the board

Or

2. dark maple rings in a shade between the shade of the binding and the shade of the board

Or

3. Leave white rings for matching tuning keys

The only color I wouldnt recommend would be black. And black is usually my go to ring color, lol.

Yup. To me, it kinda depends on how the rosewood fretboard marries up with the maple rings. It might look odd for the 2 woods to bump up against each other. ???

I'd vote:

1. rosewood rings in the exact color as the board

Or

2. dark maple rings in a shade between the shade of the binding and the shade of the board

Or

3. Leave white rings for matching tuning keys

The only color I wouldnt recommend would be black. And black is usually my go to ring color, lol.

Oh and what about that lil switch tip? Will that stay white?

Reverb and Affirm....the bane of my existence! No big story here. I was innocently wasting some time looking at pretty pictures. I stumble across something that I don't have, that has two things I'm a sucker for; a Paisley case, and it's Pastel in color. It's a pretty good price, I offer 20% less than the listing as a half-hearted gesture. Figured it would get declined, and I'd move along. Nope. Offer excepted. I am now the proud owner of a 2015 Surf Green Pauls Guitar! Wickedly cool axe!

5bRNKAv.jpg

Ht7maSU.jpg

4538ms1.jpg

jcHJAXH.jpg

Never would have expected it but not surprised! Unique and looks great.

of course, there's always the camp that would say "quit lookin' at it and just rock that sucka!!".... :cool:

ya know, I'm guilty too, but honestly, we often get as bad as chicks with purses and shoes..... think about it....

of course, there's always the camp that would say "quit lookin' at it and just rock that sucka!!".... :cool:

ya know, I'm guilty too, but honestly, we often get as bad as chicks with purses and shoes..... think about it....
Dude there’s “chicks with purses” commenting on this thread. One is on serious pain meds and another has a fanatical love of red, run and hide!o_O:confused:

Yeah, I'm in that camp when it's other people's stuff! :rolleyes:

Agreed. The white ones look absolutely right with that colour. Anything else would look like your elderly uncle put sticky backed plastic on it. How could you even think about modifying such a lovely looking guitar?!

Ok, ok! You guys/gals have convinced me! It stays as is.................................................................for now

I'm the one on the serious pain meds ............... and I get the best of both worlds because I like a good shoe shop too so you are all safe on that one :D
Wife and I were in Phoenix November 2015 and we were coed shopping. She saw a bag that she absolutely fell in love with but she wouldn't buy it because it was expensive. I said the hell with that and bought it and handed it to her......done!

Back