CU24 Piezo question

Solteroblues

Hey guys, I know the old P22 and P24 used to be a McCarty thickness body, but what about the newer CU24 and CU22 Piezo models? Are they the thicker bodies, too? Or really a regular CU24/22 with the piezo added?

Thanks!

I didn't think the P24's were McCarty thickness, I thought they were the normal Custom 24 thickness. I had an early P24, don't remember it being thicker...

I have owned two P22’s and they were both thicker than a regular Custom, I believe. It’s been a few years so I could be wrong.

The P24 I have is thicker than the equivalent CU24 I have, and feels about as thick as the McCarty (McRosie) I have.

The P24 I have is thicker than the equivalent CU24 I have, and feels about as thick as the McCarty (McRosie) I have.

That's what I thought. Anyone know if the new CU's with Piezo's are still this way? I really like the thinner body, and no where around here carries them in stock, unless I drive 2 hours.

Looking at the jack plate, it looks to have similar amounts of wood above and below as the P22. I'm guessing it is the same thickness. That's just a guess, though.

My CU24 Piezo is the same thickness as my older P22 - Both are thicker than my "regular" CU24 (30th anniversary model) but not quite as thick as my 594.
It looks like the piezo preamp/battery compartment/jackplate wouldn't fit into a thinner body.

As you can see, there's not much wood to spare around the electronics:

piezo%20jackplate-XL.jpg

If this would even fit into a standard CU24 thickness, I expect the wood would be way too thin to be sturdy enough.

Thanks everyone! That’s what I figured! But good to know that it’s not as thick as a McCarty. Those are fine, but thicker than I prefer.

I just took a quick measurement of the thickness of the body edge right at the output jack:
CU24 - 1.31"
CU24 piezo and P22 - 1.48"
594 - 1.58"

Back