Crossing the line

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DreamTheaterRules, May 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DreamTheaterRules

DreamTheaterRules On Double Secret Probation

While I realize how unusual of a time we are living in right now, I don't think that gives people the right to do whatever they want. There is a right and a wrong way to do most things. I don't watch the news but I do see it on TV because my wife does. I choose to read the newspaper so that I can pick and choose what I actually spend time on. Many things, the first few lines are all I need to hear to know what happened.

Anyway, if you've seen any of the stories lately about people protesting at the homes of some of the key figures in the current health crisis, I'd be interested to hear what you think about this. I think that if you want to stage a peaceful protest outside a state capital building or something like that, you can do so. But, when hundreds of people go to the home of the the Ohio Health Director, Dr. Amy Acton, or to the home of Kentucky's Governor, Andy Beshear, then no matter how peaceful the protest may be, you have crossed the line. You have now invaded someones property and that should be punishable by law. I only pick these two examples as they are two most seen in our news. Both of these people have children. Beshear has small children at home.

IMO, No person has a right to stage a political protest against someone, on that persons property. But how about them them hanging in effigy a dummy with Beshears face on it? At his residence. In front of his kids. How does someone justify, or think they have a right to do something like that? I'm almost afraid to ask, but what if this was you and they were doing this on your property... what would you do? Do you think people have the right to protest at someones home like this? Do you think they should all be asked once to leave, and then arrested? Do you think it would be fun to just keep randomly turning the sprinkler system on them?

Ovibos and alantig like this.
  2. Tony M.

Tony M. New Member

Once in a while Mars and Earth find themselves on the same side of the Sun during their respective orbits.

The last time it happened, the conversation went like this:

Mars - Hey Earth! Longtimenosee! How's it going? :)

Earth - Not so good. I've got ... Humans. :(

Mars - :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

As for the whole front lawn effigy and demonstration thing...

I see another good use for AH-64 Apaches and A-10 Warthogs here.

dogrocketp likes this.
  3. pac90

pac90 In Helix Land, the waters warm

Americans are just stoopid

(Joke)

Lol

(They are though)

(So r we)

dogrocketp, bodia and sergiodeblanc like this.
  4. Shawn@PRS

Staff Member Moderator

I can see where this is heading and it won't end well.

Closing thread.

Tucson Thump, Tony M., Ovibos and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.