Crazy Storm, Crazy Day - Ice Dragon

Shawn@PRS

yogi
We had a crazy storm blow in last night, it was described as a "winter hurricane". Because of this, many employees were unable to make it to work today, so we were operating with a skeleton crew. I was trying to be the receptionist and assist dealers and customers at the same time (It was ugly). I want to thank everyone for their patience while we work through this and get back on track.

The good news is that while sitting at the front desk, I got to look at this new wrought iron sculpture that sits near the front doors. I give you, the Ice Dragon!

IMG_8604.jpg

We just got a light dusting just West of your location. I probably could have driven to work, but I take the train.

Nice! And good on you, Shawn, for not just saying "not my job" like so many seem to do these days!

And Boogie, I would need to see a sample of what is in my head done "for real", but I think you are on to something! Dragon's Breath, faded gray almost white with a hint of blue in the center ("icy blue-white"), fading to ice-blue on the edges.

And after a quick Google, this is kinda what I had in mind, but not exactly, ViperDoc's HB in Iceberg Dragon's Breath:

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/npsgd-iceberg-dragons-breath-semi-hollow-dgt-ps-6077.18890/

I see the inner bit with a bit more gray, and the "breath" deeper into the body. And the blue should be colder, icier, like the Blue Steel of this guitar:

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/blue-steel-mcsc-monster.15468/

Now if only I could afford such a custom finish.

I call Ice Dragon Burst and Crazy Hurricane!

Boogie doesn’t know it yet, but we’re forming a transatlantic partnership, also known as a TLLC!:D:eek:

Thanks @shinksma for posting the link to @ViperDoc s face-melting PS! Duuuude!!:confused:

Last edited:
I live in a townhouse, so I don't really have a yard. But, I would so put that dragon out front!

Back