Crap...Tim Bogert (RIP)

I loved what Carmine Appice said:

“Perhaps the only good thing about knowing someone close to you is suffering a serious illness, is you have an opportunity to tell them that you love them, and why you love them. I did that, a lot. I was touched to hear it said back to me. Nothing was left unsaid between us and I’m grateful for that. I highly recommend it. Rest in peace, my partner. I love you. See you on the other side.”

Time passes, and before you know it, a door that’s been open your whole life closes. What a blessing it is to be able to say “nothing was left unsaid.” Thats a lesson for all of us, at any age.

RIP Tim

One of my true music heroes. I saw him live many times back in the day when you could watch from a few feet in a small venue. He was the first player I ever thought was a total machine on his instrument.

I can remember the first time I heard “You Keep Me Hangin’ On” on am radio. Vanilla Fudge was like nothing heard before, and I was blown away. I wore the grooves out of that 45rpm.

Then, while I was in high school in my little town of 19,000, the unheard of happened-Vanilla Fudge was coming to our gym (the world’s largest HS gym seating 9,600) to put on a show. I sat at the feet of Tim Bogert, and watched him rip the strings off of his bass. He was magic.

I saw Billy Sheehan walking the halls at NAMM a few years back. I asked him; “Was Tim Bogert one of your influences?” His response? “The biggest.” Watching Billy attack his bass, it’s easy to see.

Tim Bogert literally changed my musical life. RIP Mr. Bogert.

Last edited:
One of my true music heroes. I saw him live many times back in the day when you could watch from a few feet in a small venue. He was the first player I ever thought was a total machine on his instrument.

I can remember the first time I heard “You Keep Me Hangin’ On” on am radio. Vanilla Fudge was like nothing heard before, and I was blown away. I wore the grooves out of that 45rpm.

Then, while I was in high school in my little town of 19,000, the unheard of happened-Vanilla Fudge was coming to our gym (the world’s largest HS gym seating 9,600) to put on a show. I sat at the feet of Tim Bogart, and watched him rip the strings off of his bass. He was magic.

I saw Billy Sheehan walking the halls at NAMM a few years back. I asked him; “Was Tim Bogart one of your influences?” His response? “The biggest.” Watching Billy attack his bass, it’s easy to see.

Tim Bogart literally changed my musical life. RIP Mr. Bogart.

Vanilla Fudge blew me away at the Grande Ballroom in Detroit. I hadn’t turned 18, but they didn’t check. Bogert was awesome.

PInWyW3.jpg

I'd been listening to Tim all my life but didn't know who he was until I picked a Beck Bogert Appiace CD out of a budget bin a couple years ago. Thanks for the music Tim!

Back