'COVID-19' Projects

I'm organizing Star Wars figures, because that's the type of high-powered, cultured mover and shaker that I am.

90025186_113703043583215_1770178121277365806_n.jpg

89849437_216574203049023_5897760025424483556_n.jpg
89833585_1096194870715359_6827714052837777545_n.jpg

It's been an adventure. There are some stellar amp builders on www.ampgarage.com that have helped me tremendously. I wanted to understand classic Marshall circuits better, so I decided to build a few. So far I've built an 18-watt TMB/Plexi, a JTM45, and now a 2204 JCM 800. No better way to learn, IMO. I've hit plenty of rough spots to be sure! There's no replacing good soldering, lead dress and correct circuit design. But I've been surprised how quickly a great-sounding amp comes together, and not for too much dough. My next amp is very ambitious: a modded, discreet-channel Silver Jubilee. Currently ordering transformers...

Nice, are you taking orders?

Surprised to see this question as I just solved this very problem this week! I like to have the straps with the guitar in case I want to play standing up. Each strap is set to the guitar it belongs with. All of my straps have Straplocks except one or maybe two, so I bought a dozen of the buttons only, and mounted them behind the hanging guitars, high enough that they can’t hit the rear of the guitar if it is pushed. The strap hangs for easy access, but is out of the way when not needed. Regular straps without Straplocks just pop over the button like an old school setup. I love it!

jC1SxwX.jpg

FJoGsuQ.jpg

Opgj7gd.jpg

That’s a really good idea, Rick. It’s a simple and logical solution, yet I didn’t think of it. :oops: I use Schaller locking, so I am going to copy your plan, except I’m just going to line them up on a separate area. Thanks for responding!

Took my 15 year old son driving yesterday. Went out on a 45 mph road. He's not super thrilled to be learning to drive on a 2010 FJ Cruiser, but thems the breaks.
Man, I’d have killed to have a car like that to drive at 15! Learning to drive is a huge step towards independence and adulthood. I know he’s thrilled, even if he doesn’t show it!

That’s a really good idea, Rick. It’s a simple and logical solution, yet I didn’t think of it. :oops: I use Schaller locking, so I am going to copy your plan, except I’m just going to line them up on a separate area. Thanks for responding!
You’re welcome. Don’t feel bad, I’ve been thinking about it for a while and, when that idea finally popped in, I had to laugh at myself a bit. Post a picture of your strap gallery when you get it sorted!

Took my 15 year old son driving yesterday. Went out on a 45 mph road. He's not super thrilled to be learning to drive on a 2010 FJ Cruiser, but thems the breaks.
Mass is king. I taught my kids to drive using our Suburban and then that was the vehicle they used. Had to learn lane spacing and how to park, and also I knew that someone would have to go through "a car and a half" to get to them.

What do you guys use to hang up guitar straps? I started to drive some nails in my wall and thought there’s gotta be a better way.
You hang your guitar straps up? Mine are as follows. The normal ones are all folded and in one of the two gig bags as spares or for rehearsals The fancy PRS straps are folded and on my computer desk, ready for when I play out.

Speaking of which, like everyone else, all of my "playing out" is cancelled for the near future. I'm getting desperate and might even resort to a flea market gig. I swear though, if I do that one, I'm going to unleash some metal on them.

You hang your guitar straps up? Mine are as follows. The normal ones are all folded and in one of the two gig bags as spares or for rehearsals The fancy PRS straps are folded and on my computer desk, ready for when I play out.

Not yet. I’m too damned cluttered. I need organization. RickP to the rescue.

Back