'COVID-19' Projects

Didn't someone say once that "love will keep us together"?

Yes. The Captain And Tennille.

They got divorced.

(Full disclosure - there were reports that the divorce was for health insurance reasons during Daryl Dragon's neurological illness. She apparently was with him when he died from kidney failure.)

This is my project I've been working on the last several weeks. It's a 2010 Mesa Transatlantic 15. I'd been wanting one for a while, but since Covid the prices have jumped about 1/3 and I'd held off hoping to find one locally. I had actually missed this same amp a while back when it was on CL, but then Mrs Lister saw it pop up on FB market and finally it was mine.

As you can tell it had the finish flaws the early amps were noted for, so I decided to do something about it.
rjldtgE.jpg

In pieces:
k8KwDyM.jpg

And here is where I messed up. Even though I washed everyting down, I should have used a good degreaser before I shot paint...
XTgBWg0.jpg

It doesn't look back from a distance, but there was a few places where adhesion was an issue.
IFVMIC3.jpg

So I decided to sand it back down and respray. But after sanding it down, I really started liking the way it was looking, so I decided to leave it , it's my version of a reliced Mesa if you will.
GbZSx8A.jpg

I'm still waiting on some parts, I'm changing the blue LEDs to red and it's getting some new tubes, but I'm pretty happy with the final product. The Top boost and HB1 or Marshall mode all at 15 watts are were I like this amp at the most.

This is my project I've been working on the last several weeks. It's a 2010 Mesa Transatlantic 15. I'd been wanting one for a while, but since Covid the prices have jumped about 1/3 and I'd held off hoping to find one locally. I had actually missed this same amp a while back when it was on CL, but then Mrs Lister saw it pop up on FB market and finally it was mine.

As you can tell it had the finish flaws the early amps were noted for, so I decided to do something about it.
rjldtgE.jpg

In pieces:
k8KwDyM.jpg

And here is where I messed up. Even though I washed everyting down, I should have used a good degreaser before I shot paint...
XTgBWg0.jpg

It doesn't look back from a distance, but there was a few places where adhesion was an issue.
IFVMIC3.jpg

So I decided to sand it back down and respray. But after sanding it down, I really started liking the way it was looking, so I decided to leave it , it's my version of a reliced Mesa if you will.
GbZSx8A.jpg

I'm still waiting on some parts, I'm changing the blue LEDs to red and it's getting some new tubes, but I'm pretty happy with the final product. The Top boost and HB1 or Marshall mode all at 15 watts are were I like this amp at the most.

it’s cool. i can’t wait to have an amp again, something is getting pinstriped.

UGH, I just realized there are several spelling errors in that post and I'm getting the dreaded internal server error that won't let me fix them. Obviously I need more coffee.

rjldtgE.jpg

In pieces:
k8KwDyM.jpg

XTgBWg0.jpg

IFVMIC3.jpg

GbZSx8A.jpg

it’s cool. i can’t wait to have an amp again, something is getting pinstriped.

Funny enough I was thinking about doing the same. Once the red LEDs show up, I think red pinstripes would be a killer combination.

Reactions: jxe
Hang in there brother!!! Just don't move until customs finally releases thw package I sent you. ;)

If I have to break in to get it, that’s what will happen!;)

thinking about getting on with it, sounds like. how far is the move? i have a 4 hour truck drive to the new joint next week, ‘through the pass’.

At the moment, not sure! Not a four hour truck drive, that’s for sure! Good luck and safe travelling.

Last edited:

rjldtgE.jpg

In pieces:
k8KwDyM.jpg

XTgBWg0.jpg

IFVMIC3.jpg

GbZSx8A.jpg

Totally approve Of both the amp, and the Schlitz glass!

Wanted to start a thread avout this, but it's not a PRS but it was my Covid-19 mod project...

Back in June, being stuck at home, I saw this on Facebook Marketplace and was just in the neighborhood. $100 for the guitar plus amp, gig bag, and stand. I sold the plus, so its like I got the guitar for $40. Ita Switch Vibracell with a temperature change proof moulded resin one piece body. I thought of it as a poor man's Aristides.

Changed pickguard to carbon fiber faux configured to accommodate Gibson Firebird V mini humbucker pickups with modified Eldred wiring, it is now reborn as "The Bluebird".

Last edited:
So, during the Covid period I moved to a new house and have an attic for my "studio".
It started out late March like this:
5pVbkfv.jpg

and today it looks like this:
dLRuHUX.jpg

I was trying to downsize, but GAS got me and a new Strandberg is in the house...
Nice looking space

Building pedals. Here's a Love Tone "Big Cheese" fuzz on the workbench - built the circuit, and now about to start drilling the enclosure and then wiring and assembly...

GBofToI.jpg
Always wondered this, are DIY pedals cheaper than the real things? If so are they as good? There are pedals out there like the Tube Screamer and SUHR line which I really want, but cost a bloody fortune.

Finally got the red led strip, (vinyl) pinstriping and preamp tubes done. Next on the list is a better 2x12 cab with something other than the eminence speakers I'm using now and I think I'll be about done.
jCSoYZq.jpg

Red! I want Red, there's no substitute for Red!

Y8v5TX7.jpg

Just so much better than the blue:
i6XGqdR.jpg

Last edited:
Back