'COVID-19' Projects

- Learning My Favorite Mistake (Sheryl Crow)...great melody.
- intonating my Gibby ES
- polishing out the satin on my Martin
- thinking about a pickguard for my Collings City Limits
- drinking a decent 12 year old Sonoma Cab

This was my big project of the week:

CIUaZkr.jpg

One of my BIL’s got my son a duplicate of this orange Bronco, and rather than exchange it, I took it apart and painted it.

My 3 year old son, and 30 something year old wife couldn’t keep their hands off of it while it dried, so.... it is what it is. :rolleyes::D

Nice one brother, the wee man will be stoked with the new colour!

i had a 74 bronco in the 90s — worst car i ever owned.
My brother had one of those about 1984, and it was the worst car he's ever had too. You occasionally see them at the Mecum and Barrett-Jackson car auctions, rebuilt and finished in the $20k range. I guess some of them didn't rust or burn.

Reactions: jxe

CIUaZkr.jpg

One of my BIL’s got my son a duplicate of this orange Bronco, and rather than exchange it, I took it apart and painted it.

My 3 year old son, and 30 something year old wife couldn’t keep their hands off of it while it dried, so.... it is what it is. :rolleyes::D
What, no pink?

My wife’s an avid oil painter. Here’s her interpretation from this photo:

Painting helps keep her occupied while isolating.

That's fantastic! Does she sell her work?

Would she finish it in satin?

- Learning My Favorite Mistake (Sheryl Crow)...great melody.
- intonating my Gibby ES
- polishing out the satin on my Martin
- thinking about a pickguard for my Collings City Limits
- drinking a decent 12 year old Sonoma Cab

Awesome...was listening to this song just the other day after discovering it had been deleted from my files, but still resided on amazon's music page...had to scroll umpteen hundred times to locate the song (listed alphabetically in my file downloads) but FOUND it. Clicked download once again and THIS time, I'll not delete the song when thinning out the flock...

CIUaZkr.jpg

I did something similar when my son was young. We had his room decorated in a vintage Formula 1 theme. My wife painted a mural on the wall and made checkered flag curtains for the windows and everything. I was in charge of collecting the toys and other memorabilia. I bought a couple of those Schuco wind-up cars. I had one in red and I had one in silver, but I could not find a blue one to save my life. So, I bought another silver car, took it apart and had Paul Miles paint it blue for me. My son, never really cared for the whole vintage car motif, but daddy dug it! I can't find any photos, this was pre-facebook days. Ha

My Dad owned a Ford Bronco back in the late 80s...large, ungainly, gas guzzler...after Dad passed, I used the Bronco to deliver pizzas for a couple months, and realized every darned expectant pizza household could hear my truck coming down the road. Loud behemoth, it was. We eventually sold the Bronco to our auto mechanic who used the front end plow mount/plow to dig out his parking lot when it snowed.

Back