'COVID-19' Projects

Friday had purchased a set of all-season tires for my car, but thought I could squeak out one more summer season with my summer tires. Amid light drizzle, a small bladder, and a long wait at the tire warehouse, the new tires made it into the back of my car. It was my intent to swap the all-season tires in my car, replacing them with my summer tires. Monday, my winter tires would be disposed of, and my summer tires would be installed.

Saturday arrived, and had a morning conference meeting, then after lunch, wanted to make some shrimp alfredo bucatini, and create a new HeadRush Gigboard acoustic setlist using newly acquired IRs, and make a batch of butterscotch chip cookies.

Well, did the IRs Saturday afternoon, but Sunday came quickly and prevented me from doing what was needed that day. Did some laundry that afternoon that took up time while I did some reading/study. Showered that evening and tried to get to bed early for Sunday morning.

Sunday morning included a video conference meeting, prior to and during which it was possible to make the shrimp alfredo. After, needed a nap, but only rested my eyes a little. Enjoyed dinner with my immediate family, wrote up my upcoming rental lease recertification forms, emailed/mailed those, texted a friend for an hour, but was a tired and needed to sleep. It was 2:20 AM when heading to bed..

Today, (Monday), my morning was spent scanning documents into my computer from last night, also filing same. Noontime, family followed me up in their car to the tire tech shop where it was necessary to drop off the car for tire replacement. The shop was accepting only drop-offs, no customers in shop were allowed in their waiting area. The tech said he'd call when the car was ready and payment could be done by other means than in customer presence.

Family and drove south to deposit a couple checks at our bank, then did some shopping, each of us wearing latex gloves and masks per local authorities. After shopping for a couple things, we drove north again to our "discount store" and picked up a couple things there. In that store, the tire shop called, saying the car was ready for pick-up.

The tire swap was paid for, and family drove in our separate cars back to our apartments. I spent some time cleaning purchased items and putting together a marinade for a pork chop that'll hit the grill in about an hour.

I WILL make those butterscotch cookies tonight. And hope to get to bed early this evening following some reading. My eyes are a bit foggy from the gorgeous 68°F (20° C) warm weather today and from sitting at the computer a good part of this weekend. Will be opening the doors and windows posthaste in order to enjoy some of this fine weather...

Friday had purchased a set of all-season tires for my car, but thought I could squeak out one more summer season with my summer tires. Amid light drizzle, a small bladder, and a long wait at the tire warehouse, the new tires made it into the back of my car. It was my intent to swap the all-season tires in my car, replacing them with my summer tires. Monday, my winter tires would be disposed of, and my summer tires would be installed.

Saturday arrived, and had a morning conference meeting, then after lunch, wanted to make some shrimp alfredo bucatini, and create a new HeadRush Gigboard acoustic setlist using newly acquired IRs, and make a batch of butterscotch chip cookies.

Well, did the IRs Saturday afternoon, but Sunday came quickly and prevented me from doing what was needed that day. Did some laundry that afternoon that took up time while I did some reading/study. Showered that evening and tried to get to bed early for Sunday morning.

Sunday morning included a video conference meeting, prior to and during which it was possible to make the shrimp alfredo. After, needed a nap, but only rested my eyes a little. Enjoyed dinner with my immediate family, wrote up my upcoming rental lease recertification forms, emailed/mailed those, texted a friend for an hour, but was a tired and needed to sleep. It was 2:20 AM when heading to bed..

Today, (Monday), my morning was spent scanning documents into my computer from last night, also filing same. Noontime, family followed me up in their car to the tire tech shop where it was necessary to drop off the car for tire replacement. The shop was accepting only drop-offs, no customers in shop were allowed in their waiting area. The tech said he'd call when the car was ready and payment could be done by other means than in customer presence.

Family and drove south to deposit a couple checks at our bank, then did some shopping, each of us wearing latex gloves and masks per local authorities. After shopping for a couple things, we drove north again to our "discount store" and picked up a couple things there. In that store, the tire shop called, saying the car was ready for pick-up.

The tire swap was paid for, and family drove in our separate cars back to our apartments. I spent some time cleaning purchased items and putting together a marinade for a pork chop that'll hit the grill in about an hour.

I WILL make those butterscotch cookies tonight. And hope to get to bed early this evening following some reading. My eyes are a bit foggy from the gorgeous 68°F (20° C) warm weather today and from sitting at the computer a good part of this weekend. Will be opening the doors and windows posthaste in order to enjoy some of this fine weather...

wow, reckless behavior if i may be so candid.

Saturday, I finally took down the remaining lower half of a 60' pine tree that was snapped in half back in our Tornado...Wife wants to plant a garden and needs a good, flat spot.
My Gym's closed so all work done by Hatchet, Axe, and Saw...(yup, definite reference!!!) That was entertaining!!! (And Sappy...think Clark Griswold reading magazine in bed!!!)
Sunday, played Disc golf with Daughter and S.I.L. We saw the first snake of the year...2' garter. Very friendly.
Now, back to the grind.
Everyone remain safe...Couple weeks to go, anyway.

I WILL make those butterscotch cookies tonight.

Which begs the Age-Old Question...How do you all like your Cookies...Soft or Crunchy???
Me: CRUNCHY all the way. (I'm a pan-o-brownies "gimme all 4 corners" kinda guy!!)

The cookies actually turned out OK. A mix of soft and crunchy. One baking tray had to keep revisiting the oven because the centers were still underdone...after several retakes...gave up and accepted that a couple cookies wouldn't be too crunchy.

And, just to extend the cookie count, some golden raisins were added to the dough...for a slightly more complex crunchy-chewy mouth feel...

Was putting some stuff away Monday evening when I heard a loud thump-bump, then heard a neighbor cry out in pain, then swear profusely. Worried, I walked around back to my neighbor's back door and knocked. My neighbor was cursing a blue streak when he opened the door. I asked him if he was OK. The neighbor replied, "Yeah, the stupid step up was taller than my bad knees could handle, and I tripped coming in. Dropped my pizza and bottle of Coke, dinged up my hand."

I asked him if he needed medical attention. The neighbor declined. I told my neighbor I'd speak with management or ask my brother if we could help.

This morning, I called apartment management and asked if they could send out a handyman to look at the back step, and suggested they possibly build a step-up platform between walkway and doorstep...something that would ease the neighbor's need to step up too high with his bad knees. Management said they'd send someone out in the next few days.

I had thought to provide my neighbor with an interim solution for the time, but was warned against what would happen if I did...I spoke with my subcontractor brother about building the platform myself, but my brother said there would be a huge liability issue if anything happened because of the project...my brother said to let management handle the issue and neither he nor I would be at risk...

Good thing my brother warned me, because, in my haste, I had supplied my neighbor with my custom-built inclined effects board platform riser that is no longer in use...and retrieved it this morning after speaking with my neighbor about what management will do for him...phew...didn't need management seeing the inclined platform riser and asking where the heck did this come from...?

I WILL make those butterscotch cookies tonight.

Which begs the Age-Old Question...How do you all like your Cookies...Soft or Crunchy???
Me: CRUNCHY all the way. (I'm a pan-o-brownies "gimme all 4 corners" kinda guy!!)

The cookies actually turned out OK. A mix of soft and crunchy. One baking tray had to keep revisiting the oven because the centers were still underdone...after several retakes...gave up and accepted that a couple cookies wouldn't be too crunchy.

And, just to extend the cookie count, some golden raisins were added to the dough...for a slightly more complex crunchy-chewy mouth feel...
Now that's interesting. If fresh baked, I prefer soft cookies. But I like the brownies from the edge with a little crunch on the edges. I guess you could say I'm versatile like that.

Good thing my brother warned me, because, in my haste, I had supplied my neighbor with my custom-built inclined effects board platform riser that is no longer in use...and retrieved it this morning after speaking with my neighbor about what management will do for him...phew...didn't need management seeing the inclined platform riser and asking where the heck did this come from...?

There's "living on the edge," and there's "dangling over the edge." You, my friend, are dangling over the edge, without a net.

Good intentions do not go unpunished...

Arrived home this afternoon, putting some groceries away, and washed up in the kitchen sink.

Couple minutes later, I hear water dripping from the overhead light fixture onto the matted floor. Not sure what happened, likely a leaky pipe somewhere in the overhead. Now I've got a wet ceiling around the light, likely a full tray of water in the light fixture covering, dripping water into a bucket, and the apartment handyman on his way for an emergency repair.

(Something tells me this isn't an easy repair.)

Color me less amused.

EDIT: Apartment Management Handyman has determined that the water drip is likely from a clogged roof vent, not a leaky water feed pipe. Less of an emergency, since the dripping water is occasional, not a dramatic or steady stream.

Handyman will return Thursday w/ ladder to access roof and/or attic crawl space.

Last edited:
You'll need to do something else with that slab of beef you're trying to feed that tiger with. (And, yes, am healthy, no cough) Me, gonna go finish that jigsaw puzzle...:rolleyes:

We do need to rehearse our lines beforehand though. We got them out of order. I’m supposed to say “got any threes?” And then you say “go fish.” We got it backwards. At least that’s how they did it on the commercial.

And, glad you’re healthy! Stay safe. It’s nuts out there.

We do need to rehearse our lines beforehand though. We got them out of order. I’m supposed to say “got any threes?” And then you say “go fish.” We got it backwards. At least that’s how they did it on the commercial.

Apartment management handyman is visiting today to repair what seems to be a clogged vent pipe leak (maybe a filter?) above my kitchen ceiling light fixture...water is collecting in a bucket that sits underneath the fixture, and most each time I use my range top vent fan, the ceiling leaks.

Anyhoo, made some Whiskey Caramel Toasted Pecan Raisin Bread Pudding last night...(real homemade caramel) and hope to put together some sautéed chicken & ham salad this afternoon. Am also planning on defrosting some chicken thighs for some indoor BBQ tomorrow...just gotta remember to let stuff defrost in the bag before cooking...

Had a scare this morning...my parent company said they were opening Covid-19 testing sites in our state...turns out these are large facilities downstate in coronavirus hotspots, not individually franchised retail stores where us underlings work...phew...

There's a place that goes nuts out? Do the old men trip over theirs a lot?

Back