'COVID-19' Projects

You should jump ship and join my wife’s company, they’ve got tons of work, and she’d get a ridiculous signing bonus.

I'm sorry to hear that, Jim.

Thanks fellas, but it’s all good. I work for a global company, and I’m encouraged that we’re taking a proactive approach to insure that we come out on the right end after things settle down. Executive management (and that’s not just top level) have taken a 20% pay cut. I’ve been with this company since 1987 and have faith that we’re doing the right thing to ensure we come out on the right side when all is said and done, and are doing the best to take care of our employees. Others are laying off peeps, and I can understand that. I’m willing to take a 2 week hit if that means long term stability for our company. During this 2 week furlough we qualify for unemployment. I wouldn’t have considered taking it, but as I think about it, I will, and donate it to a worthy cause...first responders,etc. I’m fortunate enough to be in a spot where I can afford to go a couple of weeks without pay. If you’re in the same spot, do what you can. Times are tough, but we shall overcome. Stay strong, b!tches!

Thanks fellas, but it’s all good. I work for a global company, and I’m encouraged that we’re taking a proactive approach to insure that we come out on the right end after things settle down. Executive management (and that’s not just top level) have taken a 20% pay cut. I’ve been with this company since 1987 and have faith that we’re doing the right thing to ensure we come out on the right side when all is said and done, and are doing the best to take care of our employees. Others are laying off peeps, and I can understand that. I’m willing to take a 2 week hit if that means long term stability for our company. During this 2 week furlough we qualify for unemployment. I wouldn’t have considered taking it, but as I think about it, I will, and donate it to a worthy cause...first responders,etc. I’m fortunate enough to be in a spot where I can afford to go a couple of weeks without pay. If you’re in the same spot, do what you can. Times are tough, but we shall overcome. Stay strong, b!tches!
I'm with ya!
Starting my 37th year with my company (I named it). We are OK right now as telecom is still in need for small/large business.
That being said a large number of customers have been helped to telework with us, and some others have thrown in the towel.
We are lucky, but things going forward look slow, so I'm tense about keeping my techs busy. We have two major projects we can work on and luckily they can be completed remotely.
After that... well we need sales, and that's going to be tough as we all well know.
Stay safe and healthy brothers, we're in it for the long haul.

I'm lucky too in that this company has been designated one of the critical ones because of the communications hardware aspect. So our projects are still being funded. We have been told we are going to voluntarily take a week of vacation to help the bottom line, and the top guys have given up their bonuses (so kind of them), but those are a small price to pay to keep things above water. Now no one has said that this is the end of it. It won't take much more going South to start the pink slips rolling but for now we are doing ok.

In the church I attend there are a number of families that are minimum wage people. Many have lost their jobs. The church is helping of course, but it's still going to be difficult for them. You know what they asked me to do today? Since they have lots of time on their hands, they want me to buy a bolt of cloth and to borrow my sewing machine so they can make facemasks for the local hospitals with their spare time.

Humbled.

Signature-Club-Group-Photo_2013.jpg

There I am.
I’m getting frustrated. I can’t find myself in any of these pics. :confused: I swear I need new glasses.

I'm gonna need some projects. Got word today; 2 week mandatory furlough in the first quarter (between Monday and July 3), of my choosing.

Sorry to hear that bro, but good to hear you have contingency. The financial/social impact of this virus is going to be felt for quite some time!

Hope everyone is ok, both in body and mind.

Be safe sisters and brothers.

Sorry to hear that bro, but good to hear you have contingency. The financial/social impact of this virus is going to be felt for quite some time!

Hope everyone is ok, both in body and mind.

Be safe sisters and brothers.
Thanks, brother. You, and yours, stay safe as well.

I'm gonna need some projects. Got word today; 2 week mandatory furlough in the first quarter (between Monday and July 3), of my choosing.

Sorry to hear, but admire your attitude and perspective. Good luck, and let us know about the projects you take on (maybe a Mira projects?).

Also last week's project -- it was time to stock the refrigerator with leftovers for the coming week. My wife and I cook quite a bit, and after being married for over 20 years we finally reaized the best way to run our kitchen was for her to do the prep work and for me to slave over the hot stove. That suits both of us really well. So without further ado, here's my rendition of a chicken with wild rice and kale soup that's really yummy.

We've got onions, leeks, carrots, mushrooms, cooked wild rice, chicken broth, some rotisserie chicken ready to go, and bacon already cooking for the first step.

soup1.png

Bacon is all cooked and draining, and the leeks carrots and onions are sauteeing in a judicious quantity of bacon fat and about a tablespoon of kosher salt.

soup2.png

Mushrooms have gone into the pot.

soup3.png

The mushrooms and other vegetables have cooked down, and we've got some nice fond going in the bottom of that stainless steel pot. I've knocked a little bit of it back with some water and scraping the bottom of the pot but I'm keeping the heat fairly high here because brown is tasty goodness.

soup4.png

It's time for the broth to go into the pot and as it simmers I'm working all that brown fond off the bottom and into the soup.

soup5.png

In goes the kale to start cooking down, the only good way to eat kale is simmered in dairy, and trust me, we're going to get to that...

soup6.png

The kale has cooked down nicely, and now we need a generous quantity of freshly ground black pepper. Seriously, salt and pepper are a good cook's secret weapons. Don't skimp on the pepper.

soup7.png

Rice and chicken go in at this point:

soup8.png

After that's heated through, in goes the dairy and the thickening. This is an ounce and a half of flour whisked into half and half. Yes it looks gross. We'll get past that.

soup9.png

Et voila! It is done! We've stirred and simmered for a minute or two to mix and thicken. It was delicious, and tomorrow it's time to cook, er, something else....

soup10.png

I'm sorry to hear that buddy. I hope everything works out for you guys over there. As I work for a government agency that could be compared to your Social Securaty Adminstration my pay check is secured. Unfortunately my work picks up as soon as the sh@t hits the fan so to speak. Applications for unemploymentbenefits and help for companys that ca'nt keep their heads above water are rolling in by the dozens at the mo. Stay safe, stay healthy and best of luck.

I'm sorry to hear that buddy. I hope everything works out for you guys over there. As I work for a government agency that could be compared to your Social Securaty Adminstration my pay check is secured. Unfortunately my work picks up as soon as the sh@t hits the fan so to speak. Applications for unemploymentbenefits and help for companys that ca'nt keep their heads above water are rolling in by the dozens at the mo. Stay safe, stay healthy and best of luck.
Likewise on staying safe and healthy to you, and yours. And, thanks for doing your part and helping those in need!

Also last week's project -- it was time to stock the refrigerator with leftovers for the coming week. My wife and I cook quite a bit, and after being married for over 20 years we finally reaized the best way to run our kitchen was for her to do the prep work and for me to slave over the hot stove. That suits both of us really well. So without further ado, here's my rendition of a chicken with wild rice and kale soup that's really yummy.

We've got onions, leeks, carrots, mushrooms, cooked wild rice, chicken broth, some rotisserie chicken ready to go, and bacon already cooking for the first step.

soup1.png

Bacon is all cooked and draining, and the leeks carrots and onions are sauteeing in a judicious quantity of bacon fat and about a tablespoon of kosher salt.

soup2.png

Mushrooms have gone into the pot.

soup3.png

The mushrooms and other vegetables have cooked down, and we've got some nice fond going in the bottom of that stainless steel pot. I've knocked a little bit of it back with some water and scraping the bottom of the pot but I'm keeping the heat fairly high here because brown is tasty goodness.

soup4.png

It's time for the broth to go into the pot and as it simmers I'm working all that brown fond off the bottom and into the soup.

soup5.png

In goes the kale to start cooking down, the only good way to eat kale is simmered in dairy, and trust me, we're going to get to that...

soup6.png

The kale has cooked down nicely, and now we need a generous quantity of freshly ground black pepper. Seriously, salt and pepper are a good cook's secret weapons. Don't skimp on the pepper.

soup7.png

Rice and chicken go in at this point:

soup8.png

After that's heated through, in goes the dairy and the thickening. This is an ounce and a half of flour whisked into half and half. Yes it looks gross. We'll get past that.

soup9.png

Et voila! It is done! We've stirred and simmered for a minute or two to mix and thicken. It was delicious, and tomorrow it's time to cook, er, something else....

soup10.png
Don’t know where you live, but I’m on my way!

Well, I can’t say I have any projects as a result of covid 19. I’m essential and required to go to work everyday. Probably OT on the horizon as customers are doubling orders in some case. I work for a printing company that produces mostly food and pharma packaging. I believe our Rochester plant is producing packaging for covid 19 test kits. Grocery store surges account for the bulk of our increased orders. Will see if that continues or tapers off. The last recession was big business and lots of overtime. We are in the middle of an expansion as well, adding 2 new presses and a laminator. With a company from Germany and Italy doing installations and international travel being done for now, those will be behind as they can’t get people here. That will put us behind in production as well.

Anyway, I had to install a new water heater. Old one was 15 years old, had been serviced multiple times in the past couple years and started leaking. It was time to stop dumping money in and bite the bullet. Just fired that up so hopefully all is well.

With no band rehearsal or shows happening, I decided to bring my pedalboard home and do some rewiring to help with some space on the board and also implement a couple things. Put a volume/expression pedal on and need to wire up the expression to my controller to use the expression via midi control on my Eventide pedals.

sorry for the lengthy post...

Well, I can’t say I have any projects as a result of covid 19. I’m essential and required to go to work everyday. Probably OT on the horizon as customers are doubling orders in some case. I work for a printing company that produces mostly food and pharma packaging. I believe our Rochester plant is producing packaging for covid 19 test kits. Grocery store surges account for the bulk of our increased orders. Will see if that continues or tapers off. The last recession was big business and lots of overtime. We are in the middle of an expansion as well, adding 2 new presses and a laminator. With a company from Germany and Italy doing installations and international travel being done for now, those will be behind as they can’t get people here. That will put us behind in production as well.

Anyway, I had to install a new water heater. Old one was 15 years old, had been serviced multiple times in the past couple years and started leaking. It was time to stop dumping money in and bite the bullet. Just fired that up so hopefully all is well.

With no band rehearsal or shows happening, I decided to bring my pedalboard home and do some rewiring to help with some space on the board and also implement a couple things. Put a volume/expression pedal on and need to wire up the expression to my controller to use the expression via midi control on my Eventide pedals.

sorry for the lengthy post...
Thanks for doing your part, V!

Back