'COVID-19' Projects

Gonna change strings on my Iceman and set it up for tuning 1/2 step down for playing along with Kiss tunes. I'm doing it to the Ibanez a) because it's a Paul Stanley model; and b) it seemed disrespectful to Shawn to do it to a PRS. Some mixing and editing, some plowing through stuff that's piled up on the DVR. Video games. In two weeks, it's PRS day at my local pusher, and with no Experience now, I may take on a project there...

Well, the first thing that came to mind with the OP photo was that I could learn some proper music on my wife’s piano.

I did start some work on one of the bathrooms before going on vacation. It’s an experimental effort before doing the others.

And I’ve only organized my 35mm photos up to 1986. The subsequent 20 years worth have all been scanned, but I could take up quite a bit of time organizing them.

...And I’ve only organized my 35mm photos up to 1986. The subsequent 20 years worth have all been scanned, but I could take up quite a bit of time organizing them.

It takes time. I did the same thing last year, and IIRC, it took the better part of 2 days, about 14 hours, altogether...just being well-organized helps you think more clearly...like holding/drinking a glass or bottle of water hydrates you...

It takes time. I did the same thing last year, and IIRC, it took the better part of 2 days, about 14 hours, altogether...just being well-organized helps you think more clearly...like holding/drinking a glass or bottle of water hydrates you...
I think our photo collections are very different sizes. I spent 3 years scanning mine.

My wife and I go to the YMCA every morning, but yesterday we decided to suspend our visits until this blows over. So, I dug out my bench and some dumbbells and I’m getting to work each morning. I’ll miss the machines, but I needed to shake up my workout regardless.

Before I scrolled down, I just assumed you meant you found some workout partners. :eek:

We were out for a bit last night. The mall was pretty empty. Lots of empty parking lots around a lot of the businesses in the area.

But the gym was full.

And so was Chick-Fil-A.

I don't go to the gym, but I do go to Chick-Fil-A.

Thinking of creating a video of how all my guitars sound on my new amp!

ETFuK5YU4AAFKCH

Should only take about 400 hours for all the combinations of pickups, guitars, channels, settings...

I think our photo collections are very different sizes. I spent 3 years scanning mine.

Yikes. Apparently so. Mine included my family scrapbook from early age onwards through life. My Mac Photos are a separate thing altogether. Most of my scrapbook images in more recent years are of gear acquisitions documented for future sales as needed. Thanks to some decent editing software, some of my guitar images look expertly done (sans some minor incremental edge concerns).

It's like remembering to eat your Wheaties in the morning. Not so much makes for a less than stellar day.

That being said, my guitar practice is on hold until my fingers heal up...grabbed a scalding hot pizza tray by mistake last Sunday when the pizza began sliding off the peel the wrong way...my gloved hand was OK, but the left hand, like a fool, reached in for the hot oven tray and dropped it on the kitchen floor. Some blistering and open wounds...mostly iced it from the get-go, but had a difficult time with the swollen blisters...bandaids on the open wounds now...typing isn't difficult, mostly only guitar practice...

TBH, I'm not hurt or require doctor's care, just feel silly that after not trying to bake pizza for 1-½ years this is what happened last Sunday at my home.

Last edited:
My wife and I go to the YMCA every morning, but yesterday we decided to suspend our visits until this blows over. So, I dug out my bench and some dumbbells and I’m getting to work each morning. I’ll miss the machines, but I needed to shake up my workout regardless.

The drums for cardio?

I have a Soloflex, free weights and an inverter (hang upside down) in the basement for strength training because I’m rarely sufficiently motivated to go to a gym.

While not the case for many, chances are good that you will find yourself with a little extra time over the coming weeks (or months) due to self-isolation, social distancing, or an all-out quarantine. Now is the time to finally getting around to all these little projects you've been putting off for a rainy day.

As I sit here putting the finishing touches on a new edge for one of my pocket knives (S30V steel likes to chip), I thought it might help ease the social isolation if we share our projects.

Sorry, I would have done a 'before-and-after photo' but didn't get the ides for this thread until I was done.

i-RH5Ldtj-X3.jpg
I can't stand to see my knives B flat. When I see yours I C sharp

I know from past experience, when I do get the flu proper, I am good for nothing except existing, but if I have to self isolate then will read a few good books & drink tea

I'm working on a new ad music project. The timing couldn't be better!

But I've worked from my home studio for 30 years, so not much change here, except for the part where I wear a space suit if I go anywhere.

"You don't own a space suit."

"It's kind of the moral equivalent of a space suit."

"You're only wearing rubber gloves, a ski mask, and a sweatsuit, fool."

"Damn! I forgot, that's my bank robber outfit. I need to go change immediately!"

Back