'COVID-19' Projects

I started a separate thread, but:

Time to build my playing area / studio...
mmF9aGi.jpg
These days, this is my vicarious entertainment. Remodel on!

We get Roysters T-bone Steak flavoured crisps. Very good.

And it seems only in Scotland, Walkers (Lays) pickled onion flavoured crisps that my daughter is daft about!

I think I had some of those in a pub in Edinburgh a couple of years back. They went down really well. Of course I was swilling beer in a pub in Edinburgh, so what wasn't to like? I think that was the day I first ate haggis too.

I think I had some of those in a pub in Edinburgh a couple of years back. They went down really well. Of course I was swilling beer in a pub in Edinburgh, so what wasn't to like? I think that was the day I first ate haggis too.

How did you find it? The Haggis that is?

How did you find it? The Haggis that is?

I'm going to interpret that literally in American English:

IIRC I went into the back of that pub where they had sit-down dining, saw it on the menu, and thought "well heck, I've been morbidly fascinated by this Scottish 'food' for most of my life, so no time like the present, eh?" And I ordered it. And I ate it. And it was really good.

(I guess I also answered the question you really asked. :D)

I'm going to interpret that literally in American English:

IIRC I went into the back of that pub where they had sit-down dining, saw it on the menu, and thought "well heck, I've been morbidly fascinated by this Scottish 'food' for most of my life, so no time like the present, eh?" And I ordered it. And I ate it. And it was really good.

(I guess I also answered the question you really asked. :D)

Glad you enjoyed it :D

Today’s project was putting away groceries delivered by a masked man (a friend of my daughter).

We were away from home for close to 4 weeks so hadn’t left a lot in the fridge. At the border, we were asked to self isolate for 14 days just in case we had picked something up. Since then, that isolation period has been mandated for anyone returning to Ontario. We had plenty in our freezer and cold cellar to manage, just without fresh fruit and vegetables. So...very cool.

By the way, some of our local grocery stores have no delivery windows available for the next 3 weeks. If you are going to need/want a delivery, you might want to plan ahead.

Today’s project was putting away groceries delivered by a masked man (a friend of my daughter).

We were away from home for close to 4 weeks so hadn’t left a lot in the fridge. At the border, we were asked to self isolate for 14 days just in case we had picked something up. Since then, that isolation period has been mandated for anyone returning to Ontario. We had plenty in our freezer and cold cellar to manage, just without fresh fruit and vegetables. So...very cool.

By the way, some of our local grocery stores have no delivery windows available for the next 3 weeks. If you are going to need/want a delivery, you might want to plan ahead.

Stay well Peter and be safe my forum brother.

You THINK it was the first time you ate haggis? I always thought eating haggis for the first time was like losing your virginity, only on the other side of the spectrum.

Hey, but I respect AR and so I must have an open mind on this matter.

You THINK it was the first time you ate haggis? I always thought eating haggis for the first time was like losing your virginity, only on the other side of the spectrum.

It was a long weekend of pub-hopping, so I know it was my first time that weekend. The precise order of events within the weekend... well, those are a bit hazy.

I had to look it up...

I wonder how hungry I’d have to be before choking that down?

Busy day here in the village. I woke up, made some cappuccinos, seared a roast, chopped some veggies, and got the crock pot going for dinner (which we just ate). It was yummy.

i-jf7zpqw-X2.jpg

Then I washed the Little Monster.

i-4cswgRs-X2.jpg

Then I yanked the winter wheels, cleaned the callipers, and put the summer wheels on it. Sure, its not quite time but the Little Monster gets to stay home until [insert date when COVID-19 pandemic ends]. Until then, I'm putting all the miles on the wife's car.

i-7xXHbbS-X2.jpg

I also sanded-down 16 pallets that I picked-up a few weeks back for my tweenie. She is making some sort of fun bedroom set with them.

i-KtphT9b-X2.jpg

After that, I chilled with the hound for a bit and had a beer. I have to say It Was A Good Day.

i-KLcPLdd-X2.jpg

Back