Covered 59/09?

A bunch. Ok, bunch might be a stretch. There is a set of gold covered 59/09 in my Dirty 100. My SC Ted had covered 59/09. My DC-22 has them. My Cu22 has one in the bridge. That one was installed by the PTC, along with a refin and some mini toggles. And, my DGT has one in the neck. That was a WL run.

A short while back...Coral Sky Music in Florida was selling covered 59/09’s

I believe it was an exclusive to them.

Find them on the net.

I believe the 59/09's were covered in the DC 22 (and the Dirty 100's, as Bodia said), but... yeah, not a lot of them "in the wild." Which I think is your point--they're great pickups! I put a set in my CU22 to replace the stock 85/15 set and those suckers are staying.

I've been looking for a set. Bought a pair of the old (non Squabbins) ones on Reverb. Gonna put covers on them. The only thing is this storm has them stuck somewhere in Limbo. I'm thinking about putting them in my Les Paul. I just checked Coral Sky..no go

They were covered pickups early on in their lifetime. I think about the time they went in sale in the accessory store they stopped having covers on them and I think way more are uncovered now. They could pop up second hand from time to time. I got a lightly used pair several years back.

Anyone seen covered 59/09s anywhere in the wild? Me neither.
I have a gold cover set that comes with a free guitar :D

38_C3_A97_D-8_F60-4_CE4-83_DD-6_CD00665743_B.jpg

Yeah, I wish I could by covered 59/09s separately as well :)

If you run out of luck, I have a set of uncovered non squabbin I’d trade for a squabbin set if you have a set.
I must ask--how did those non-squabbin uncovered 59/09's even come about? Were they covered at first and then the covers removed? While I have seen covered & uncovered-squabbin 59's, I've never heard of the uncovered non-squabbins.

I must ask--how did those non-squabbin uncovered 59/09's even come about? Were they covered at first and then the covers removed? While I have seen covered & uncovered-squabbin 59's, I've never heard of the uncovered non-squabbins.

they were early run options back in 2009.
Pretty sure bowtiefanatic is correct here. I feel like I recall seeing them stock on custom 24’s that year, but not 100% sure. I generally favor uncovered pickups, so I snapped them up. I picked them up used. I had 2 sets at one point.

I cant recall when they switched over to the squabbin shape, but the 59/09’s were standard shaped for a little bit before changing to squabbin company wide.

That looks like a bada$$ pairing. Nice.

Remember when PRS ran that incentive deal to get a set of free pickups when you purchased a new guitar? I had all but one of my ME1s RP pups, including that one, replaced with covered 59/09s from that deal. This one had glossy gold covers, but the majority have brushed gold with chrome screws. I’ve also ordered most PSs with covered 59/09s. I guess you could say I’m a fan.

Back