Country Jam Nite

IKnowALittle

Well, I was layin' around tonite, bored and restless. There is a country jam nite that happens every once in while at a bar not to far from me. So, I thought "what the hell", took my SAS and headed down.
It was actually quite good. Lots of people in the audience and lots of musicians. Far more than I expected.

Anyway, I ended up playin' all nite. There were guitarists there, in that stage from practicin' to trying to get in a band, or whatever, but none of them could really hold it down. I can, and when they came up I receded into the background and gave them all the support I could. Sounds arrogant of me, not what I intend.

Lots of singers and one wanted to play a lot of old, vintage Highway 101. Man she was fabulous, not exactly like Paulette, but ****, I enjoyed myself playing gitar and singin' harmonies. Plus she was pretty easy on the eyes.
Couple of bluegrass guys showed up also, so I was able to play some banjo and Doc Watson.

It's weird, I'm going to be 45 in a couple of months. The first "gig" I had, I was 15 in the High School gym and I've been at it ever since. 30 years, man that's a long time.
Sometimes when you play in a band that works as much as ours does, you can get a little bored and it becomes routine, and sometimes a bit of a rut wrt your playing.

I've always had an affinity for Country, Country-Rock and Bluegrass and tonite was an unexpected pleasure. It's amazing how many songs you know after a certain length of time.

Last edited:
Back