Counterfeit!!

I just clicked Prohibited. Thank you for the heads up.

Then I noticed that the seller has (5) different listings for the same fake guitar. So I clicked 'em all.

I think we're ignoring a golden opportunity to mess with this guy.
I hear ya!
I've sent a few messages to this moron... but he won't reply.

I should have sounded more 'naive' in my original message.
I think I'll try contacting him again, from a different email address, and string him along...

While not CL, it's just as bad on Facebook Market. Out here, as would be expected, people love guitars and love a bargain and fall for the chinese fakes alot. A guy was selling a Fender Yngwie Malsteem strat on there and damn if it didn't look real with case candy, case and all. 1300 bucks. I happened onto a Chinese company named Shenwei that sold the identical guitar for 130 dollars, with the same case and counterfeit candy. The font on the little American flag that Fender sticks on the pickguard was way off, and the serial gave it away, it started with "US" and gibberish numbers. He sold it because it disappeared. Someone got ripped.

Maybe we should all postal fee CL ads with his pics and title it FAKE FAKE FAKE.
that would flood CL with ads against the Dbag.

I checked the prohibited check box too. I am so tempted to email this fool and tell him he’s a right (word that rhymes with “blunt”) for trying to con someone out of their money.

Abuse on CL, even deserved abuse, can come back on you and affect your account and access.

Hit the prohibited button and move on.

^This^

And realizing it's not your duty (or even within your ability) to right all the wrongs in this world. It's only your responsibility if you're the one getting scammed and you only get scammed if you're too eager to pay attention and do your homework. Let's face it, this entire world is a racket run by those who prey upon disadvantage. You can't change the way people play the game without changing the game itself and that's a lot more difficult than most people realize. It's not even about right or wrong, it's about picking the right battles.

There's a reason we call our environment "Mother Nature" and not "Mother Nurture". Love in this world is more often than not a good slap when it's least expected and most needed :)

Back