Could be my PS

xarkon

I'd love to find a Custom 24-08, Charcoal Cherry Burst, pattern thin. Held off on a couple that were available in May thinking "yeah, I'm going to Experience." But nothing there. (Came home with a guitar anyway. ;))

I've got searches going on various sites, but haven't seen one.

Which leads to the PS...

I keep thinking the ideal guitar would be a Cu24-08 with piezo and the DGT control setup; and possibly a fatback. I'm assuming that puts me into a PS order. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are all the 24-08s?

I've had one on order for 7 months; still 4 more months to go. I've been surprised by the lack of 24-08s in the market.

I keep thinking the ideal guitar would be a Cu24-08 with piezo and the DGT control setup; and possibly a fatback. I'm assuming that puts me into a PS order. Thoughts?

Yup, puts you into PS, since the DGT setup and piezo aren’t native to that model.

However, it sounds like it’d be a pretty darn cool guitar with the DGT control layout, and in truth, it’s hard to go wrong with a PS guitar. They’re just SO NICE!!

Where are all the 24-08s?

I've had one on order for 7 months; still 4 more months to go. I've been surprised by the lack of 24-08s in the market.

Wonder if the 24-08s are a successful hit or overlooked by the Silver Sky and now the Special Semi-Hollow Limited.
:cool:

I'd love to find a Custom 24-08, Charcoal Cherry Burst, pattern thin. Held off on a couple that were available in May thinking "yeah, I'm going to Experience." But nothing there. (Came home with a guitar anyway. ;))

Which leads to the PS...

I don't think the PRS piezo bridge is compatible with two volume controls. Even with PS, I think they'll have to use a different piezo system to use the DGT control setup. I vaguely remember a thread on this several years ago.

I don't think the PRS piezo bridge is compatible with two volume controls. Even with PS, I think they'll have to use a different piezo system to use the DGT control setup. I vaguely remember a thread on this several years ago.

I was thinking there would be four pots: one for the piezo; one for bridge volume; one for neck volume; one for tone.

Which raises a question: wouldn't it be possible to re-create the 24-08 switching by adding push-pull pots to a Cu24 with 58/15s? If so, I may have another (and much less expensive) way to get what I'm looking for...

Dave

Which leads to the PS...

Hello, this might be what your looking for. Looks like it won’t arrive for awhile though.

https://www.zzounds.com/item--PAUCU240810

ThreadbareAggravatingCoypu-size_restricted.gif

Thanks for the links!! Interesting that all of them are either WL or PS. The only other cache of 24-08s I've seen are in Germany.

There are a couple at Wild West that are close to what I ordered: Artist Package in Copperhead Burst with a rosewood neck. I ordered it this past December.

Any thoughts on 85/15 vs 58/15s? The 58/15s are only available on the WL. Is one having a cover the only difference between the two?

There's this, which I believe was in another forum post. However, the 24/08 has the 58/15 MT (multi-tap) version. No idea what other differences might exist.

pups-png.5045

Back