Cort-Tek made SE's

I'm sticking around until I get a Z guitar!!

I'm playing the long game - I'm waiting for a ZZ guitar.

p1_uj2hc2too_so.jpg

I guess he had to hear it enough times to come up with the idea himself. I stayed out of this one because I couldn't say anything nice...

Me too. I had a whole response typed out...but I decided this guy was a tool or a troll...so I stayed out. Nothing nice to say from me either.

So I decided to go throw down a few licks on my newly acquired SE soapbar...It was sitting at my local GC felt and played great but had a bad volume pot so no one was buying it...So I bought it and a new pot...took it home and fixed it....LOVE it.

RUU2Cxu.jpg

Me too. I had a whole response typed out...but I decided this guy was a tool or a troll...so I stayed out. Nothing nice to say from me either.

So I decided to go throw down a few licks on my newly acquired SE soapbar...It was sitting at my local GC felt and played great but had a bad volume pot so no one was buying it...So I bought it and a new pot...took it home and fixed it....LOVE it.

RUU2Cxu.jpg
What letter manufacture year is it? Freaking sweet!

What letter manufacture year is it? Freaking sweet!
It's a 2003 according to the serial number "D12698" but the 1 and 8 at the end mean it's made of Martian mahogany and the 2 in the second digits place means that it took the second shipment from Mars that year...and the 69 must've been the factory workers joking around that day since it was a Friday.

kK6N4Dp.jpg

RUU2Cxu.jpg
Exactly like mine. Those Korean made SE's are as nicely made as any other good guitar!

Everything except the pickups. The Korean pickups are cheapies and have to go!

But once you swap out the pickups THAT'S a totally pro guitar.

My black SE Singlecut with the Duncan double cream Antiquitys can hold it's own with ANY of my USA made PRS guitars.

I'm thinking very seriously of putting a set of Bare Knuckle Nantucket P90's in my SE Soapbar.

Last edited:
So if N is for the 14th year of SE production will the 27th year of production carry an AA?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Maybe they could start using Roman numerals when they get to year XXVIII ...

Yeah, I like that idea. XXVII followed by the sequential serial number.

"Hey Paul, we're gonna need a bigger headstock."

That place is real, its called Tijuana.

The fun really begins once you get out of TJ and start heading for Ensenada.

We had a place in La Jolla a long way back: we used to drive south of the border, just to see how far we could get before anyone we'd dragged along with us for the ride decided it was wiser to turn around and head home......

I'm sure it's really quite lovely these days, of course :)

Back