Core Special Semi Hollow

Just kicking this thread down the road a bit further to say… where the heck are these things??? I finally get to the core-buyin’ time of life and all the sudden there aren’t any guitars! Literally of all US dealers, there are maybe 6 or 8 SSH’s out there.

I’m wondering if there’s a supply chain issue with parts for the Narrowfield pickups, because I don’t see any new Studios, either.

Just kicking this thread down the road a bit further to say… where the heck are these things??? I finally get to the core-buyin’ time of life and all the sudden there aren’t any guitars! Literally of all US dealers, there are maybe 6 or 8 SSH’s out there.

I’m wondering if there’s a supply chain issue with parts for the Narrowfield pickups, because I don’t see any new Studios, either.

I’ve wondered the same thing about the new Studios.

If I was a betting man, I'd wager that shops are only getting the odd one or two Specials/Studio's and they are probably going straight out to those customers that have pre-ordered or expressed an interest in that model - maybe not even making it to the shop floor before being sold. PRS are not making 'hundreds' of cores per day let alone a specific model. They also need to fulfil all the orders from all over the world from retailers looking to replenish stock.

I don't know if PRS are back to 'full' capacity and producing as many guitars as they were prior to the Pandemic but they were making up to ~45 Cores a day according to Jack Higginbotham in a 'Factory Tour' video prior. Even if they are back to full capacity, they still have a LOT orders to catch up on too so its maybe why these models in particular are 'thin' on the ground right now...

The special is a guitar I'm interested in too. I've seen expected dates anywhere from December to June.

The supply of really nice wood appears to be short as well. Not as many stellar tops coming out these days.

Back