Copyright (circle R) symbol on headstock considered tacky?

Isn't it Romantic... No???

OK, but what really burns my bunions is that last half of every medicinal commercial on TV,
telling you how the product will make your eyes bleed, face get numb,
organs stop working, or completely fall off your body!!!!

We don’t get those type of TV adverts in the UK (yet!), but when we were in Florida last, I did chuckle at the list of side effects that ran along the screen! Diarrhoea did seem to be a popular theme!:confused:

Does the registered copyright symbol on the headstock bother anyone other me?

It seems a bit cheap/tacky and out of character with the PRS brand. Perhaps I'm shallow, but it makes me think twice about a pulling the trigger.

FYI, this symbol is not required to be displayed on every use of the brand ... many (most?) PRS headstocks do not have this.

Many of the photos of the headstock (perhaps coincidentally) minimize this symbol by tilting the camera or angling the logo behind the tuning pin.

z7qku9kalpuxrvq97f8f.jpg

Really??

Does the registered copyright symbol on the headstock bother anyone other me?

It seems a bit cheap/tacky and out of character with the PRS brand. Perhaps I'm shallow, but it makes me think twice about a pulling the trigger.

FYI, this symbol is not required to be displayed on every use of the brand ... many (most?) PRS headstocks do not have this.

Many of the photos of the headstock (perhaps coincidentally) minimize this symbol by tilting the camera or angling the logo behind the tuning pin.

z7qku9kalpuxrvq97f8f.jpg

2 posts and you're concerned about the circled "R"........yeah, "shallow". Whatever you do, DO NOT look a the back of the headstock to see the handwritten serial number....might put you over the edge.

Yes, I think it would look better without the trademark symbol. It’s not as bad as seeing a poorly designed and applied dealer sticker slapped on the back of a new car. That bothers me. The trademark is more of a reaction of mild sadness for the world we live in.

I hadn't even noticed it.

Just scrape it off. No, wait....! It wouldn't be protected then would it?! - D@mn... this is complicated !

Just remembered an old Pete & Dud Zoo sketch. The 'R' had blown off of the Reptile House sign, so it read 'eptile house'. On a windy day, sometimes your R's blows off.

Yes, leave the guitar outside for a couple of days.

My friend had one with that...He just DRILLED that little sucker right the heck out with a one eighth of an inch drill bit and ZOWEE it was all gone...He sleeps so much better now...

my core models don't have that on them. Hmmm..but my bolt-on brent mason does. I don't think it's on every core model the higher up you go. I personally never noticed.

Back