Cool Marsden jam on his ps sc

Thanks for sharing this clip Aristotle

One of my favorite guitar players, does anyone know
what kind of combo he was playing through?

He really looks like he's having fun. Seems like a really cool guy. As Mike says, he's playing through the new Marshall Astoria Custom combo. They have three flavors of the Astoria. There's a single channel low gain version that's a pedal platform. Then there's a dual channel version that has really clean cleans on one channel and a crunch channel for the second. The version that Bernie is playing through is a single channel version that has higher gain. I came across this because this amp is the swan song of the long time Marshall designer who did, among other things, the Vintage Modern, which I really like. The designer reminds me of Dough Sewell from the few conversations that I've had with him. Super accessible, and just a wealth of analog design knowledge.

The sound quality of the clip is pretty poor, but I suspect that the amp itself sounds pretty good, from the look on Bernie's face. And I just love that PS single cut that he's playing. Maybe one day Les will part with his and I can swoop in and pick it up...

Back