Cool Fathers Day Present

Wakester

Re Member
For my Fathers Day gift this year, my wife and daughter got me tickets to the First Annual Fretfest in Buffalo NY. It was an interesting day of listening to several different styles of guitar playing and genres.

It was billed to be a day teaching and music, with vendors and food. I was a little disappointed that there was only two small vendors selling used guitars' and someone selling jewellery. But, that wasn't what I really cared about anyway.

I was absolutely fascinated watching the guitar players do what they do best. It was amazing to me the tones, melodies and rhythms these players were extracting from acoustics and electrics alike. Probably the highlight for me was seeing a duo of electric players from the group Aqueous, demonstrate harmonies and impromptu jamming for two players. The one of the pair was using a FatStrat that seemed to have been modded, but his partner was playing a SWEET Core 408 in Black Gold Burst. Oddly and sadly enough, this was the only PRS I saw all day. All in all though, it was good day, and a great gift.

hmpf, better than mine. I was woken up at 6am, spent the morning looking after our two young kids whilst the wife spent the morning at work, did a load of washing, cooked a full roast dinner and then spent the afternoon weeding the garden/doing DIY in the house. I'm sure my real father's day treat will be along in a moment.......

I spent the day uncluttering and slightly re-arranging the music room...

Decided that I'm going to sell an amp I don't play much anymore (Crate Blue Voodoo 120H). It's a great amp, I just spend more time on the Hughes and Kettner.

hmpf, better than mine. I was woken up at 6am, spent the morning looking after our two young kids whilst the wife spent the morning at work, did a load of washing, cooked a full roast dinner and then spent the afternoon weeding the garden/doing DIY in the house. I'm sure my real father's day treat will be along in a moment.......
+1-ish! Welcome to the responsibilities of a modern man :D

+1-ish! Welcome to the responsibilities of a modern man :D

Same. I do that sh!t the other 364 days a year too so....

For me, Fathers Day consisted of spending the day with my father in law. I paid for lunch, I paid for drinks, I paid for all of our tickets on the Channel Cat (a really cool water taxi on the Mississippi). We go home and I went back out to the store for some stuff. Then I paid for dinner. I had a nice chat with my Dad on the phone though.....he was cleaning his garage and hydrating with Busch Light (my taste in beer clearly didn't come from him!)

So basically my Fathers Day was just like Mothers Day around here......I did and paid for everything. Oh well.....I do have that sweet WL DGT still :)

Back