Cool Factor = ZERO

Yep. You'd think that the media which regularly copies internet articles and reposts them with slight rewording so that it's really not plagiarism complains when their work is copied for someone else's advantage.

Though material goods, which are typically patented and copyrighted against retro-engineering, often are subject to copyright infringement. Surprise!

I wouldn't personally buy one, but I don't mind them nearly as much - the headstock shape, while similar, is still different, and clearly says "Wolf". I don't see it as much more of a rip off than any number of Strats or Teles that are out there from makers that aren't Fender.
While I largely agree, most of the smart ones call that an "S-style"/"T-style" and don't directly use the brand's name so baldly.

It’s obviously a take on the body shape, but the headstock isn’t an exact copy and says “Wolf” on it, and there are no bird inlays, a dead giveaway to a PRS even before you read the headstock. The line between PRS-style and PRS-copy is admittedly small in some ways, but I’d say one is an intentionally forged copy and the other is an intentionally PRS-flavored appearance.

Terrible explanation, but the intention is different to me.

I don't really have a problem with a kit guitar. It's not being sold as a PRS. Yes it is similar and has the birds but no logos or intention to pass off as its a PRS. Now if someone built it up and tried to sell as PRS or even tried to sell this as a PRS factory second that's another story. I'm not going to condemn a hobbyist that want s to build a PRS style guitar anymore than I would a tele or strat style.

The truth is as guitar manufactures ship off to Asia for cheaper labor and parts better copies are going to happen when a sample is there and they are trained the techniques. I've dealt with these deficient intellectual property rights countries in the past for business and in the long run the question always arises was it worth it?

All that said I feel If someone wants a PRS guitar for cheaper buy a SE or s2 second hand mod the crap out of those.

It's a unique situation with this one being a HSH though.

It’s obviously a take on the body shape, but the headstock isn’t an exact copy and says “Wolf” on it, and there are no bird inlays, a dead giveaway to a PRS even before you read the headstock. The line between PRS-style and PRS-copy is admittedly small in some ways, but I’d say one is an intentionally forged copy and the other is an intentionally PRS-flavored appearance.

Terrible explanation, but the intention is different to me.

No, not so much a terrible explanation as referring to materials that are often sought after in domestic and foreign markets. For example, I might like a cup of tea the way I make the tea, but not someone else does. And I'd be critical of how someone else might make it. If the tea isn't the way I like, it isn't my cup of tea. It's simply my viewpoint and what I behold. Hope you can see the meaning of this illustration. You'll note that I'm not from a foreign nation and still enjoy a cup of tea.

If people responded favorably to the OP's Reverb listing, I'd think that there might be a niche for aftermarket parts, although the listing does seem badly written, which might indicate its fraudulent origin. What I do see is the cosmetic nature of the part, and no, folks, I don't need to bring out a wet noodle to make my point.

Definitely not a 10 top. I could drop in an HFS/VB pair and an EMG in the middle position. 5-way switch, 2 mini toggles, Push Pull Tone Pots and a custom cloth wiring harness for half the cost of the kit. Paint it brown and call it Wolf Turd.:D Challenge accepted.

Definitely not a 10 top. I could drop in an HFS/VB pair and an EMG in the middle position. 5-way switch, 2 mini toggles, Push Pull Tone Pots and a custom cloth wiring harness for half the cost of the kit. Paint it brown and call it Wolf Turd.:D Challenge accepted.
Wiring it up for a 9v just to have an active middle single is BIG MOOD.

I only have a passive set of EMG's:oops:

Good luck, Wake...

I know it's none of my business, but would a modded SE fit the bill better? Save yourself the hassle of buying unproven material (which the consensus deemed fake) and don't get rooked into buying. You'll only get what you pay for, and if you pay for a floor model, you get a floor model. Not what you had hoped for.

Good luck, Wake...

I know it's none of my business, but would a modded SE fit the bill better? Save yourself the hassle of buying unproven material (which the consensus deemed fake) and don't get rooked into buying. You'll only get what you pay for, and if you pay for a floor model, you get a floor model. Not what you had hoped for.

Building a PR Fake is not in the cards for me. I was throwing out a wild ass idea at a dumb ass fake. Yes I could buy a SE and mod it for less than what I would have to invest in that kit. (I've already done and proven that.) I could do what I said I would, but why would I want to? Besides, I have a ST Kit and upgrades in the works, that total value would be 350, but only will cost me 50 out of pocket.

Here is the thing, I am building a guitar, to learn and hone my luthier skills. That kit was designed specifically to made into and sold as something it will never be, a real PRS. The seller knew that, the manufacturer knew that. We all knew that. What I am building is only for me, it will not be sold as or representative of any major brand currently on the market.

Back