Converting CE22 from 5-way to toggle.

White is hot on neck and black is hot on bridge
Thanks! It seems to be that way for the Dragon and Tremonti. I'll open up the cabotty and see how the Tremonti is wired and if I can't adjust it to my liking, I'll install the Dragon copying how the Tremonti is installed.
Heck, I may just go back to the Dragon to have it stock and it's cool having some variety since this is my only PRS with Dragons.

I can't believe my tech set the pickup so high and with the screw coils so much high than the slug coils. At least I think those are called slug coils.

I need to adjust the Tremonti first before I decide. He likes really bright single coil tones and it appears he set up the Tremonti to provide a brighter than normal tone and I'm not enjoying it. The screw coils are up very high and the pickup is very close to the strings, much closer than my preference. I can easily bring the screw coils down 3-4 turns or more and can easily bring the pickup down 1/32" or so. That alone may give me what I want. Otherwise, I'll go back to the Dragon bridge pickup.

The Dragon I bridge pickup is smooth and doesn't over do it with the sizzle on top like some overwound ceramic pickups do.

It's a tough pickup to beat, IMO.

A JB comes close. But it has that sizzle.

I ordered a set of humbuckers from John Suhr I'm anxious to try.

SSH+ bridge and SSV neck.

Supposed to have more output than a JB and have all the good things we like about the JB and none of the bad.

Last edited:
Yes I love the Dragons a lot and am tempted to pop it back in.
I also love my SC250 set in my Singlecut. Man they are amazing too and that guitar is insanely good.
Love my Aldrich pickups too.

Lou, have you played the Tremonti Bridge or SC250? They are almost identical. Love these too, but as my only Dragon equipped guitar, I wish I had left it alone and just installed the toggle. Gonna switch it back to all Dragons.

Good luck Lou with your new pickups

Last edited:
Back