Control/switching Layouts

PLuan

I think many players like me grew up playing Strat-style guitar, and we are very used to the traditional Strats layout. Over the past 17 years, I've played many control/switching layouts including most Gibson types and PRS types. But to me the strat style layout, especially the location of the 5-way switch makes the best sense. I can do fast switching from neck pickup to bridge pickup during a hot solo in total darkness. Some people feel the volume knob position on a Strat is annoying and interfering their right hand. I pick lightly around the middle pickup (like EJ does but minus the chops), so that part is fine to me.

My problem with most PRS guitars is just the position of that switch. Why the hell on most models the switch is in between the two knobs? I am really struggling especially for certain songs I NEED to switch pickups to let those harmonics pop out.

I know there is nothing I can do with my 408s and McCarty. But every time when I play my DC3, I just want to screw-drive the pickguard and frankenstein it into a strat layout.

Any echos out there?

prs92eg3-vintch.jpg

Nothing wrong with the used market. If a new one doesn't have what you want, go used. This is an EG. There were versions with single coils.

This is an EG. There were versions with single coils.
This is a version with single coils. Fralin Domino's. Also available was HSH and HSS.
This is a 2nd gen EG. The first gen had a different body shape. Non locking tuners and normal looking singlecoils.

Back