Considering a trade.... What would you do!

What would you do??

• Keep the 25th SAS! It's rare, it's special! It's awesome!

• Get the Brent Mason! Talk about versatility!

Results are only viewable after voting.

jbright44

I've had one of the 25th Anniversary SAS Narrowfields for a while and it's an awesome guitar. I love the versatility and the uniqueness of it. But I played a Brent Mason today.... Man what a killer. And talk about versatility!!!

Now I think I want to trade..... But i wish I could have both :( What would you do!

You just blew my mind. Are there any schematics or videos showing the results of this and how to do it?

That's a tough one. I have a 25th SAS also and it is a killer guitar. However, I LOVE the switching options and pickup config on the BM. If you can, play them side-by-side and decide from there...

I can't vote because I've never gotten to play a BM. I LOVE the SAS, and on paper, love the BM. I'd hate to have to make that decision, but the best thing is, you can't go wrong. Whichever one you end up with is great.

OP I agree with Basauri, if its a winner keep it forever and grab the other when you get the coin, just a story but I almost did this with a guitar of mine but I waited and low and behold the exact guitar I wanted came up used on Daves site and now I have both....

Hey, I'm drunk on my wife's killer margaritas right now what should I mod?

Seriously though, if I could only have one, the Mason might get the call.

Bro... I've. Got 5 kids.... All my money goes to diapers and groceries!

I'll repeat myself: wait, save and then buy. As a result you'll have both guitars. Isn't worth waiting a couple, maybe three, years and owning both?
As you can see in my signature I own several top guitars, but this isn't the result of me going to the store and "hey yo, shut up and take my money!" but a long wait&save work, reading and learning in forums like this one.
Being more specific to give you an example: this September I'm going to be in Seattle and I have planned visiting every guitar shop possible, trying every McCarty 594 possible and buying the right one. Do you know how long have been saving for this? Since June 4th last year, when I made the deal with Paul at the Experience

Worthy things take time

Last edited:
Basauri sure makes a good point! I've succumbed to GAS far too often and let go some really great guitars.

So ignore my earlier advice. :)

I want a SAS Narrowfield bad. so its probably good that youre talking about trading that one off and not "hey I have a SAS Narrowfield for sale!"

Get some tequila, pull off the tape on those NF's, add a wire where the coils meet, and rewire your SAS into a coil splitting monster.

Is this a real "thing?" Has someone done this? (Not the tokillya part!:D)

Back