Considering a Harley Benton for a travel guitar

The headless idea is a good one. Keisel is another choice. Maybe not as inexpensive as other choices listed, but is a nice travel size.

That is an interesting idea, but $1000+ is way out of my range...especially for a knock-around travel guitar to practice with in a hotel.

I'm in the PRS camp My experience - I needed something to travel with a picked up a dirt cheap (but nice) Epiphone SG.
Every second I was playing it I was longing for my PRS.
I've never tried an HB but I've played a few of the the older SE Santana's in different stores and I've loved them
I've seen at least 2 for < $300.

I'm in the PRS camp My experience - I needed something to travel with a picked up a dirt cheap (but nice) Epiphone SG.
Every second I was playing it I was longing for my PRS.
I've never tried an HB but I've played a few of the the older SE Santana's in different stores and I've loved them
I've seen at least 2 for < $300.
There you go.
Life is too short to spend it with lesser guitars.

I have a fairly cheap plank that I did some mods on to sound/play better and be more conventional

I too travel for work. Thing is its easier to have something you can pack in the hold inside your luggage and not carry around airports, through security or worry about stowing overhead. A hollow body is asking for trouble. This is headless so fits inside case easy.

I'll post a pic, its off brand but does have 2x PRS pickups, and PRS core knobs ;)

Steinberg spirit with S2 #7 pickups and BK veneer 63 SC. They come setup for double ball end strings, which are available ok but more expensive. I eventually got a headstock converter, from ebay, so that it can use normal strings

Works a treat, especially with HX stomp and headphones. The guitar has a fold out metal leg so it sits on your leg just perfectly, really good design, and 14in fingerboard radius, bass wood solid body. The stock pickups were from the epip cheap bin and went in my bin.

DvH6qXU.png

100% this. I have the same setup. The Steinberger is the ultimate travel guitar, full size, nice and small. Excellent, I mean excellent tuning stability. They run $399 so a a reasonably priced purchase.

Do not get this. It has the worst tuning stability ever. I had to send mine back in because it would go out of tune with a small bend.

Yeah they are so great for what they are. A pal had an original, ie the old expensive version, and the play-ability is similar with the basic design, but that had much better electronics.

I love mine for what it offers - distraction & fun - when away. When I at home though mine lives in the garage and is only picked up in there when I am between sets exercising

100% this. I have the same setup. The Steinberger is the ultimate travel guitar, full size, nice and small. Excellent, I mean excellent tuning stability. They run $399 so a a reasonably priced purchase.

Do not get this. It has the worst tuning stability ever. I had to send mine back in because it would go out of tune with a small bend.

I bought one of those Traveler Guitars last year and hated it. Just sold it a couple of weeks ago.

I'm not so sure that this guitar is worth taking on trips. I would take a cort or a fender. Much cheaper. Wouldn't be too bad if something happened to it.

Back