Confused about this 'plain/figured' CU24-08...

docteurseb

I'm seeing this new one listed at the price of a 'figured (aka plain) top' model:

IMG_4470_530x@2x.jpg

I'm a little confused here: the back of the headstock doesn't have a '10', meaning this is either a plain top or an Artist grade top.

If this is a 'plain figured' top, I don't know what a 10 top is anymore..

They assure me there is no pricing error (although the guy in the chat window maybe not be very familiar w/ PRS).

Is that the deal of the year ? I'm not that big of a fan of the color but with a top like that any color would grow on me (except mash green or trampas green :p)

I'm seeing this new one listed at the price of a 'figured (aka plain) top' model:

IMG_4470_530x@2x.jpg

I'm a little confused here: the back of the headstock doesn't have a '10', meaning this is either a plain top or an Artist grade top.

If this is a 'plain figured' top, I don't know what a 10 top is anymore..

They assure me there is no pricing error (although the guy in the chat window maybe not be very familiar w/ PRS).

Is that the deal of the year ? I'm not that big of a fan of the color but with a top like that any color would grow on me (except mash green or trampas green :p)
Dude, that's a sweet top! Not a big fan of blues (not a hater either), but I'd rock that thing!

It's not a 10-top because the figuring fades out just to the right of the volume knob and pup selector (on your photo). So non-10 top, and should sell for non-10 top price.

It's a really nice non-10 top, I have a few with similar very minor fade outs to the figuring.

Def not Artist Grade.

Once in awhile you’ll find a top that you can’t believe wasn’t marked as a 10 top, looks like you found one! I just picked up a custom 24-08 last week and would definitely recommend the model, I love the new switching system.

Humm, I did notice the fade out around the controls but frankly I've seen far worse 10 tops than that so couldn't believe that would suffice to make it a 'figured' top....

Once in awhile you’ll find a top that you can’t believe wasn’t marked as a 10 top, looks like you found one! I just picked up a custom 24-08 last week and would definitely recommend the model, I love the new switching system.

I know, I already have two ;) so I really don't think I need a 3rd one... but I'm also trying to help music stores however I can by stocking up guitars :p

I realistically should pass on this one as I have enough CU24-08 already...
If anyone is into this one though, please help me out and buy it.

Last edited:
Back