Confessions of An Ampaholic

Thanks guys for all the replies.

Pops-in-law came round to my home yesterday. I asked him how the amp was, he told me that he had been playing all day!

So I think it’s a win.:D

I just wish these little practice amps had been available 25-30 years ago. And I don’t know how they do it for the money!

X6iq1cz.jpg

I need help!!

I need an Achron!

X6iq1cz.jpg

I need help!!

I need an Achron!
You know, to the casual observer, it may appear that you don’t “need” anything. I know something the casual observer does not know though, and that is, you DO, in fact, NEED an Archon.

I’ll vouch for you, and will help you if anyone tries to tell you that an intervention is in order.

I don't know about all that, just trying to help those in need while I can. One day, I'll be the old guy who can't climb up on the roof or work for hours in the yard.

As long as I'm not the old guy in a Plymouth driving 53 in the left lane on the interstate with my left turn signal on and a 3 mile line of cars behind me. If I get to that stage, please, somebody TAKE MY CAR AND LICENSE!

In agreement with Les. One day, we'll be outside on a ladder, or putting a downspout cage into the end of the gutter at age 75 and some younger person might very well see us up there and offer some help. (Reminds me my downspout rain barrel will need a gutter/downspout leaf filter soon before the rain barrel fills up with water...hope my younger brother has his ladder and leaf blower I can use for 20 minutes...)

No comment about parking it in the left lane while driving on the highway. My sporty vehicle as it is doesn't enjoy driving faster than 68 MPH and I typically don't push it, either. Am no Sunday driver, but more likely than not I'll be the guy letting traffic pass while enjoying the right lane.

I think they don't build cars the way they used to, and somewhere I hope my mechanic's knowledge is up to snuff on post-2017 vehicles, when my car will need replacing.

Doing well currently just under 95K, but hope to keep my car until God calls her home. Until then, the engine is happier at its slower pace and the car doesn't make as much noise either...

My sporty vehicle as it is doesn't enjoy driving faster than 68 MPH and I typically don't push it, either.
We must have different sporty vehicles because mine doesn’t enjoy anything UNDER 68mph. :) I was on the highway yesterday and had to slow down to go through a work area where they’re running new electric lines. When I went through (about 30mph) one of the state workers gave me the signal that he wanted to hear it. I floored it, which I don’t do much, and when I looked down a few seconds later was on 98 and it went to 102 before I left off. That’s only the second time I’ve hit 100 since I got it, which is actually surprising. For me. I must be mellowing with age...

We must have different sporty vehicles because mine doesn’t enjoy anything UNDER 68mph. :) I was on the highway yesterday and had to slow down to go through a work area where they’re running new electric lines. When I went through (about 30mph) one of the state workers gave me the signal that he wanted to hear it. I floored it, which I don’t do much, and when I looked down a few seconds later was on 98 and it went to 102 before I left off. That’s only the second time I’ve hit 100 since I got it, which is actually surprising. For me. I must be mellowing with age...

My Sporty vehicle....'74 Chevy Vega

In agreement with Les. One day, we'll be outside on a ladder, or putting a downspout cage into the end of the gutter at age 75 and some younger person might very well see us up there and offer some help.

There are some chores it’s better to pay someone else to do. That’s one of them! :)

No, you're not mellowing, you're just driving a faster car than my puny Mazda3 iS. For the life of me, I don't know why folks are always hurrying through life, mebbe getting ready for going out, mebbe hurrying to meet a deadline. I prefer life at my own pace, not someone else's.

There are some chores it’s better to pay someone else to do. That’s one of them! :)

My younger brother is a housing subcontractor with an extension ladder and leaf blower. Although he's in his mid-50s and bigger/heavier than me, he's more confident on a ladder than me. Then there's my 20-something nephew (who will hopefully look after both my elderly Mom and myself when we grow much older)

Today most of my day was spent tacking up coax cable inside my apartment trying to relocate my OTA antenna for better reception, to no avail. Seems it was best where the antenna was originally, above my lithograph on the TV wall. Also a laundry day, and a tuna sandwich day. Followed by a good brushing. Usually not a gum chewer, but may need to make an exception when brushing isn't always possible. And no, no "hoof and mouth."

Back to the bathroom for me today, cosmetic finishing left to do.

The weather we are having, I should be out in the garden and not cutting wood!

Thermometer on phone says 14c but I’d swear it’s nearer 18c, and bright sunshine!

feelings — i have a whole house to finish this month, so tired of it.

Back to the bathroom for me today, cosmetic finishing left to do.

The weather we are having, I should be out in the garden and not cutting wood!

Thermometer on phone says 14c but I’d swear it’s nearer 18c, and bright sunshine!

For the life of me, I don't know why folks are always hurrying through life, mebbe getting ready for going out, mebbe hurrying to meet a deadline. I prefer life at my own pace, not someone else's.

I also speed up for curves...FOR FUN!

Back