Confessions from PRS Experience past

veinbuster

Zombie Three, DFZ
There have been a few threads about what you can buy, how you buy, etc. so with June coming fast I thought it might be fun for some of us who have been before to show the goods.

Here is my start: 2009 special run of killer quilts. I had picked flame over quilt with my first PRS years earlier and it was time to catch up.
CK_142KillerQuiltBodyAAA.JPG

And a quick run backstage to get a signature
CK_146KillerQuiltBackAAA.JPG

I have bought a couple at past experiences and have neither now, not through any fault of the guitars because they were both excellent instruments. One was a Studio and one was a DGT and both I miss.

I am a patently GASeous person by nature and flip things too often. I hope at this years event to find a keeper.....I am making a concerted effort to not keep the revolving door to my music space spinning so fast.....i am hoping against hope that a core 594 is going to be released into the wild and come home with me to CT.

I wish I had a confession to make. I was close to buying one at the last Experience, but I kind of came to grips around that time that I should probably go PS so no purchase was made. This year I'm bringing my new guitar player along to get him in the family. He's pumped and not buying prior to the trip has been difficult for him. Not sure I'm in the market myself, I have to somehow figure a way to pickup a few things that are no longer in production.

I usually feed my gas from my part time gig at the music shop, (especially when they come in used), but giving serious thoughts to hunting down an S2, especially something a little different. Just really looking forward to catching up with you guitar nerds...( or wait, is that just me!?!?)

At the 2007 Experience, Joe Knaggs put on a private stock building demonstration. He had a very cool maple/mahogany body roughly cut out, and he asked for a volunteer to help carve the top. I think he selected me 'cause he knew I wouldn't be able to pass on a PS that I "helped build" :)rolleyes:)

Here is the finished product, and it does indeed reside in Indiana:

Last edited:
At the 2007 Experience, Joe Knaggs put on a private stock building demonstration. He had a very cool maple/mahogany body roughly cut out, and he asked for a volunteer to help carve the top. I think he selected me 'cause he knew I wouldn't be able to pass on a PS the I "helped build" :)rolleyes:)

Here is the finished product and it does indeed reside in Indiana:

That is AWESOME! Not your typical PRS carve on that one either!

At the 2007 Experience, Joe Knaggs put on a private stock building demonstration. He had a very cool maple/mahogany body roughly cut out, and he asked for a volunteer to help carve the top. I think he selected me 'cause he knew I wouldn't be able to pass on a PS the I "helped build" :)rolleyes:)

Hey, Steve!

I did some carving on that guitar too....

At the 2007 Experience, Joe Knaggs put on a private stock building demonstration. He had a very cool maple/mahogany body roughly cut out, and he asked for a volunteer to help carve the top. I think he selected me 'cause he knew I wouldn't be able to pass on a PS that I "helped build" :)rolleyes:)

Sucker!!! :p
Seriously though, that's pretty special...and a sweet guitar!

Back