Concerns about my incoming Private Stock

You should always reach out to the dealer, they are the ones communicating with the PS team.
If they can not get you an answer you should run away with your money and find a dealer w/ a closer relationship with the PS team (Paul Miles).
That said, stained fretboard is a substantial upcharge and it's unlikely they would stain it for you for free.

I did 3 builds so far and I've never had real communication issues with the PS team through my dealer (Moore Guitars).
The answers have always been prompt, typically within a day or less.
I've been a lot less successful with another dealer recently when I was planning a new build but that was that dealer's fault (too busy).

Out of those 3 builds only one had an error: satin headstock instead of gloss headstock.
They can do it but do not recommend it; they just didn't catch that on the spec sheet and when they painted the guitar.
However when we noticed it we got a reply from Paul Miles, within 30min max, explaining it was their mistake and they offered to respray either the headstock in gloss or the entire neck.
Decided to first receive the guitar to see if the satin headstock would bother me; it didn't and I kept it that way to save a good 4+ weeks of transit + finish work.

I wouldn't say the communication/process always goes smoothly, but if you have a honest dealer they'll work with PRS to make mistakes right.

This ^

As I am (and after all this), if the guitar will have one single insignificant defect I will pay absolutely nothing and it will be sent back to USA in 30 seconds.

Not this ^

I would guess anyone on the PS team reading this would not be especially motivated to give a damn.

and lose 17k USD, okay

Yes. "17k" doesn't give you a license to whatever it is you're doing... Employees are a valuable asset.

"I even contacted via instagram every single person who works in the PS department, literally begging them to answer me.
All without ever receiving a response from any of them."

Yes. "17k" doesn't give you a license to whatever it is you're doing... Employees are a valuable asset.

"I even contacted via instagram every single person who works in the PS department, literally begging them to answer me.
All without ever receiving a response from any of them."

PRS' customer service isn't the proper channel for a build that hasn't yet been built/shipped. And even for guitars already in your possession they would still direct you to the dealer as initial contact point.
I get your desperation but contacting employees on their IG account isn't a proper channel either; they likely can't privately reply/comment on business issues even if they wanted to.

I'm sorry your dealer isn't responsive, but they are unfortunately the ONLY official channel for getting an answer from the PS team.
If they aren't responsive to emails, try (again?)calling them explaining the anxiety, and politely (I can't stress that enough) explaining you're finding the lack of communication aggravating for a very expensive wall hanger (no offense to anyone, I have several of those too).

On a side note if you could PM me in private your dealer I would be happy to add them to my ever growing list of dealers to avoid.

Last edited:
PRS' customer service isn't the proper channel for a build that hasn't yet been built/shipped. And even for guitars already in your possession they would still direct you to the dealer as initial contact point.
I get your desperation but contacting employees on their IG account isn't a proper channel either; they likely can't privately reply/comment on business issues even if they wanted to.

This /\ /\ /\

Any big company is going to have a policy in place that employees can not discuss company business on personal social media accounts without prior approval. And frankly, if some random person contacted me out of the blue asking about something work-related, they're most likely getting blocked.

and lose 17k USD, okay
If PRS had the choice between selling a PS guitar and some random entitled dude harassing their employees through their personal social media channels they would choose to protect and value their employees every time. I understand $17k is a lot of money to you, but it’s not to them.

Last edited:
Is there a picture of the final product?

I always included photographs to back up my explanations so as to make my PS details unmistakable. You must assume whoever reads the spec sheet is going to make a mistake when you fill it out. Leave nothing to chance. The simpler the instructions, the better.

PS rules.

I get the “go thru the dealer” directive, but when you’re paying that much for a guitar, PRS should be in communication with you. It sounds like someone was initially and in my opinion, that should continue. It creates faith in the process and a direct connection that makes the overall experience special.

I won’t ever be able to afford a PS, but when Doug Sewell accepted my LinkedIn invite, it was appreciated. It’s the little things sometimes.

Back