Complaining about a guitar's setup is like...

I like a 42” convex radius on my mirrors. I think the new Mayer Prius has a 40”* radius so objects are much, much closer than they appear.

I get it, it’s more vintage but it’s objectively bad because people (me) aren’t used to it.

*yes I actually looked up the US federal motor vehicle safety standard mirror radius to make my joke more accurate. 889mm to 1651mm convex radius for anyone who’s curious.

Meatloaf thinks auto mirrors are concave...

*yes I actually looked up the US federal motor vehicle safety standard mirror radius to make my joke more accurate. 889mm to 1651mm convex radius for anyone who’s curious.

That's going seriously above and beyond the requirements for posting in this forum. My hat is off to you and I'm a bit intimidated. If I were forced to post only verified accurate statements, I'd only post about once a week.

I'll see your PSA pamphlet and raise you one Youtube video...

When set this way, when you lose a car from the rear-view mirror, you pick it up in the side view, and what it's beyond the side-view mirror, it's visible in your periphery. It's like a panoramic mirror:)

Safety first folks!

That's a good way to clip a bike rider or two - but I guess there are not many of those in the US (hey, maybe that's why :-D)

Seems like a dual responsibility to me. Drivers need to watch for bikes and motorcycles and bikes and motorcycles need to not stay in a vehicle’s blind spot.

When you angle your side mirrors that far out, they can be hidden from your view when they're to your right and slightly behind you (since they're not as wide as a vehicle)

That's just it...this method minimizes or eliminates your blind spot...try it dude! And i get ya...we all gotta watch for each other.

Seems like a dual responsibility to me. Drivers need to watch for bikes and motorcycles and bikes and motorcycles need to not stay in a vehicle’s blind spot.
Everyone needs to stay out of everyone's blind spot - as much as possible. But where there are no bike lanes that's not always possible. That's why you turn your head to check before making a right swing

That's just it...this method minimizes or eliminates your blind spot...try it dude! And i get ya...we all gotta watch for each other.
Insofar as how much of your own car you see in the side mirrors I agree - but adjusting them that way while leaning your head all the way over to the window introduces a huge blind spot when you're in your normal position.

Insofar as how much of your own car you see in the side mirrors I agree - but adjusting them that way while leaning your head all the way over to the window introduces a huge blind spot when you're in your normal position.

Have you tried this? It doesn't introduce a huge blind spot! You see behind you in your rearview mirror. When you lose them off the edge of the rearview, you see them in the sideview. When off the edge of the sideview, they are literally next to you in your peripheral vision. That's the whole idea behind this mirror setup.

Ridiculously easy solution to the action problem: go to a junkyard and buy the mirror control assembly from a wrecked Caddy (get a deal by buying only one side); drill, scrape and chisel a big cavity out of a remaining solid area of the guitar back, bolt in the mirror control but retask the control logic to actuate modified Mann-Made bridge elements (would need to get John to add micro DC motors to each element, easy), then route a new channel to the top area of your choice and screw, glue or tape in the OEM Caddy mirror-memory button, apply His/Hers recall sticker to memory selector switch. Finally, find somewhere to duct-tape a 12VDC battery and hook it up (or use belt-pack type for comfort and increased milliamp-hours). Good to go, might take 20 mins max.

Last edited:
I like the “it’s Friday, lets open some guitar cases and see what we’re sending out of the factory” policy that PRS has!

I thought this place was full of cool peeps. Guess I was wrong...............no one has been over to set my mirrors :(

Back