Combo Amplifiers

I’ve been searching and searching YouTube demos and never heard anything that stood out and grabbed me.

The Marshal Origin kind of grabbed my ear compared to the other giants but nothing really jumped off the screen into my soul.

Until today.

In my opinion, nothing I reviewed on YouTube demos compared to the sounds coming from Blackstar.

All the other amp overdrive sounds I heard sounded flabby, hairy, and some even shitty compared to the high and tight sound coming from the Blackstar.

The giants must be shitting themselves.

I haven’t bought one yet but when I pull the trigger, that’s the one I’ve been waiting to hear.

I’m looking at the HT Stage 60.

Go to YouTube and tell me if anything you’ve heard even compares to this gold nugget.

Great combo amps grab your soul at the pant legs! Flap flap flap! Turn it up and assassinate any roaches or fleas crawling up your leg. This is why I recommend 50-100w so you can dial-in the destruction as needed.*

*Warning: setting amp on a raised stage may sonically liquidate brains or take a man’s head clean off within 25’. Aim your weapon responsibly.

Great combo amps grab your soul at the pant legs! Flap flap flap! Turn it up and assassinate any roaches or fleas crawling up your leg. This is why I recommend 50-100w so you can dial-in the destruction as needed.*

*Warning: setting amp on a raised stage may sonically liquidate brains or take a man’s head clean off within 25’. Aim your weapon responsibly.
And it is for that reason, my Katana 100 never gets out of the 1.5 Watt setting. It would blow the windows out of my doublewide if i did, and a few walls too.

I’ve got a Club 40 with 6L6 tubes ... it’s okay, not great.
I’ve been searching and searching. Recently watched another video demo and the clean channel sounded thin on the Blackstar HT Stage 60 2x12—

Even looked at PRS Sanzora. THIN

I think I’m going with the Fender Hot Rod Deville Mark Landau signature and throw a Soul Food OD in front of it.
It’s a bare knuckles 2x12 with glorious fatness.

I play a ONE WATT Marshall combo...living room only...and I love it.

That said, if PRS gets into the one watt combo/head game, I’d grab one immediately.

Listen to the PRS 2 channel amps if you want fat. I have a two channel 20 head, and 30 combo.The 30 is my dream amp, except it weighs somewhere around 60 pounds. Not good for stairways and old men. And you can get them used for good prices.

I have the Blackstar HT40 MKii and its my favorite amp I've owned for features and sound. Since I've picked mine up several of my friends have as well. None of us regret it and so much so I rarely if ever look at amps anymore. If I was to do it again I'd buy another one but sooner.

Back