Collection Nylon and Shipping

tonequest67

Hello Everyone - does anyone know if the 2014 Collection Nylon can be safely shipped overseas (Denmark)?

I know it has Brazilian Rosewood but not sure if it is US Only.

Thanks, Dan

Dan,

Am not absolutely sure but CITES treaties forbid sale and transport of Brazilian rosewood across international borders. If you're located in the US, you'd need to stipulate within your listing and restrict your sale to US buyers only. Likewise if you're located in a foreign country, that country only.

Dan,

Am not absolutely sure but CITES treaties forbid sale and transport of Brazilian rosewood across international borders. If you're located in the US, you'd need to stipulate within your listing and restrict your sale to US buyers only. Likewise if you're located in a foreign country, that country only.

Thanks - that makes sense. I have heard of exceptions for Rosewood before a particular year and a few other exceptions. But don't really know where the Rosewood in this guitar came from.
Likely not worth the risk.

Thanks, Dan

Hello Everyone - does anyone know if the 2014 Collection Nylon can be safely shipped overseas (Denmark)?

I know it has Brazilian Rosewood but not sure if it is US Only.

Thanks, Dan
It was not labeled US Only by PRS.

The Brazilian rosewood content does make it problematic to ship across an international border. I carried my Brazilian classical across the US-Canada border, but I would not be confident with any shipper taking it through customs for me.

It was not labeled US Only by PRS.

The Brazilian rosewood content does make it problematic to ship across an international border. I carried my Brazilian classical across the US-Canada border, but I would not be confident with any shipper taking it through customs for me.

Thanks, right, I can't find anything that says US only but also can't find anything to say the Rosewood is ok to ship into Europe. I am not confident either.

Thanks, right, I can't find anything that says US only but also can't find anything to say the Rosewood is ok to ship into Europe. I am not confident either.
Not all countries handle incoming Brazilian rosewood the same way, but to be sure a shipper could bring it in, you would need documentation of the source of the Brazilian rosewood. You really have no way of getting that at this point.

I know some European countries take a very harsh position. I have no idea how Denmark is. I wouldn’t risk it.

Thanks - that makes sense. I have heard of exceptions for Rosewood before a particular year and a few other exceptions. But don't really know where the Rosewood in this guitar came from.
Likely not worth the risk.

Thanks, Dan

The exceptions may exist for certain years and location of origin prior to a particular date, but I'm not sure of what date that was. Best to not risk losing a prized instrument to customs for not being aware of the law. International customs could and might easily confiscate your guitar even though you plead innocent to not knowing the law. Best to sell and be sure your buyer is within your own country before you ship.

Just saying, I've been burned once on a $35 item that shipped to Florida, but wound up offshore in Trinidad. The buyer failed to disclose his real location prior to shipment, and international customs confiscated the item for failure to file correct import taxes and paperwork. Cost me $35. Hopefully, it gave the buyer a hotfoot and cost him his eBay membership for disregarding terms of sale.

Lesson learned: Always be sure to confirm your buyer's location prior to shipment, and will void buyers who do not reveal their location, especially if you've previously stated in your sale CONUS only.

Back