Collection Chronicles #4: PRS 8 String

Utkarsh

Ministry of guitar
I love making videos of my guitars (particularly the PRS's of course :)). It's great to share and also contribute to the sea of content which I also like watching.

It's typically been a struggle to find time to film, edit , photograph and make 'produced' videos of my guitars as much as I like it. So I am now experimenting with more informal spur of the moment videos, with no editing and just a simple upload. This I hope will lead to more regular content.

For today, this is a guitar some of you have seen before. This is a PRS 8 String. Not one from the original run but a special order from Ishibashi Tokyo. I was lucky enough to pick it up about a year ago (The NGD is documented on the forum).

One year later, this is one of my favourite guitars. By that, it stays in the rack of 7-8 guitars I play regularly instead of in its hardcase like the rest of the collection.

One of the myths I have to bust ( and probably the subject of an upcoming video) is that 8 string guitars are not only for metal. Secondly 8 string guitars are not that dramatically difficult to play. It is surprisingly rewarding to pick up a 7 string or 8 string after years of playing 6. It's like learning the guitar again but almost as if you are superpowered as the process takes weeks instead of months and years.

Anyway
here you go

One year later, this is one of my favourite guitars. By that, it stays in the rack of 7-8 guitars I play regularly instead of in its hardcase like the rest of the collection.
I know you have a great collection as you've generously shown many of them here, but purely out of envious curiosity, about how many comprise "the rest of the collection"?

I mean, this could prove helpful to all of us with wives on-board. ;)

I know you have a great collection as you've generously shown many of them here, but purely out of envious curiosity, about how many comprise "the rest of the collection"?

I mean, this could prove helpful to all of us with wives on-board. ;)
This will sound a little silly that I don't recall the exact number. I have it on an excel sheet. But the total is about 60, with more than half of them being PRS's (including SEs). It's nothing to be proud of, even a touch indicative of an obsession.

OMG! That’s amazing!!! Absolutely gorgeous! I didn’t know PRS would make an 8-string. I have enough trouble with 6-strings LOL. HUUUUGE Congrats and enjoy !!
Seriously try an 8. Or start with a 7. I started with an 'affordable' Chapman to make sure I would stick to 7, and three months later, once I did, there was no going back. The downside. A parallel universe of GAS opened up

Back