Clutter

My wife told our waitress not to give me a straw yesterday. WTF?

It’s the hot new issue for women (or guys with an oral fixation that aren’t afraid to be seen sucking a straw).

At the risk of crossing a political boundary, many plastics a consumer has no control over. We can put groceries in our own reusable bags instead of taking home more plastic bags. We can decline a plastic straw (which I’ve done for years) and drink straight from the glass (unless our jaw is broken). We can buy PRS guitars instead of little plastic guitars shaped like cats.

It takes a lot of ant hills to make a mountain, but I don’t mind doing what I can.

I’m throwing recycling in the trash in protest.

True story: I'm out walking the dogs at 5:45 in the AM one day last fall. Our normal trek takes us past a condo complex that has a big dumpster for each building and a large garbage can for recyclables. Recycle truck comes by and pulls up to the trash area. He picks up the recycle bin and dumps it in the garbage dumpster instead of the big bin on his truck. WTF, I say. He says it doesn't matter, they separate it all at the "facility."

It’s the hot new issue for women (or guys with an oral fixation that aren’t afraid to be seen sucking a straw).

Actually, I’m only joking. We are both big recyclers. We even take stuff home that we have consumed away to make sure it goes in recycling.

However, I still want my damn straw. For all I know, some of you guys may have previously used that glass. :eek::confused:

:D

Actually, I’m only joking. We are both big recyclers. We even take stuff home that we have consumed away to make sure it goes in recycling.

However, I still want my damn straw. For all I know, some of you guys may have previously used that glass. :eek::confused:

:D

Sounds like you two are ready for some metal straws.

:mad:
Admittedly, I'm a bit a pack rat. Not hoarder style. But I keep boxes for EVERYTHING. Starts as, "well I may want to return this." So, boxes, manuals, etc. It's to the point where I'm feeling uncomfortable and slightly depressed about the clutter in my office, guitar room, garage and basement.

So this week, I'm starting "the cleanse". Getting rid of stuff that I don't need. Hoping by weeks end I'll feel at least a little better about where things are at. Made some progress on my office today.

Anyone else have this issue?
Short answer - yes. About I month ago I did a pedal box "purge" to get back some needed shelf space.

Back