Closest in neck shape and feel to the Hollowbody Piezo?

JackB1

I would like to get another PRS guitar but am looking for one that most closely feels like the Hollowbody Piezo? I love the wide fat neck.
So which PRS models have specs closest to the Hollowbody II? Doesn't have to be another Hollowbody. Was thinking the Zach Meyers seems closest.

Not sure in the years, but Wide Fat was the standard carve on most all core guitars 15 years ago and prior, and standard on all Korean made SEs. It could still be standard today, I’m just not certain. Which HB piezo are you referring to?

Not sure in the years, but Wide Fat was the standard carve on most all core guitars 15 years ago and prior, and standard on all Korean made SEs. It could still be standard today, I’m just not certain. Which HB piezo are you referring to?
The SE Hollowbody II

I can only say that the Wide Fat seems to be the carve on every PRS w/humbuckers that I own. So I like it!

See here: WIDE FAT.

isn’t the “pattern” shape different from “wide fat”?
The core shows "PATTERN" neck. Pattern is the new name for the old Wide Fat. Do a search on it, they have the same dimensions.

The core shows "PATTERN" neck. Pattern is the new name for the old Wide Fat. Do a search on it, they have the same dimensions.
We're talking about the SE. The Core does have Pattern, and while they have similar dimensions, the carve is not the same as Wide Fat. I wish I knew what it was, but I can't play the Pattern neck. I hate it. Pattern Vintage? Best carve I've ever felt. Wide Fat? Yes, ma'am. I would love to know the difference.

We're talking about the SE. The Core does have Pattern, and while they have similar dimensions, the carve is not the same as Wide Fat. I wish I knew what it was, but I can't play the Pattern neck. I hate it. Pattern Vintage? Best carve I've ever felt. Wide Fat? Yes, ma'am. I would love to know the difference.
I see he stated SE a few posts in. The original didn't state that.

My pattern necks feel pretty much the same to me as the wide fat. Where the difference is that I have a couple of wide fat necks on 06 models that are really chunky. Those guitars I have feel chunky to others I have with the WF neck from similar years. There was more variation in them back then. They have stuck to a tighter tolerance in years since then. From what I remember looking at the necks have the same dimensions (WF and Pattern). They just changed the name of it.

Back