Clint Lowery PRS Guitars SE Signature Model Video

While I wish it was Birds and non-modified shape it is still an awesome axe. Love the aesthetic and the fact that it comes in B.

This has been my number one wanted SE. After scoring a CE22 on Monday I was going to not get one and use my SE Custom 24 for drop C tuning. I quickly decided that I still really want this guitar.

I will own this guitar!!!!! :rock:

I know a lot of these guys don't pick out their own clothes, but What? Is up? With the smurf hats?

Anyway, any updates to the release date for this thing? Last I heard was sometime in May.

Yeah another echo of "do we know when these are finally hitting the street?" from me too! :redface: I actually really like the shape change and inlays (plus I'm a HUUUUGE Clint/Sevendust/Dark New Day/Call Me No One fanboy, to say the least... :rock:) so whenever these finally come out it is quite likely that I'll end up with one! :laugh:

I actually really like the inlays on the guitar. Being a huge Sevendust fan I wish it had the 7D 12th fret inlay like his personal guitar does.

I asked Clint on Twitter a while back what were the inlays supposed to be and sent me a private message.

This is what it said:

Kinda like a CL but not. Wanted some that was similar to CL but didn't want it to be
too much of my stamp so it looks like a cool symbol

Clint said they should hit the streets in June sometime.

I got to play the prototype and also the Maryland made...uh.... replica that Rich made for Experience and they were killer. The scale length felt great in B and I like how the dark nickel hardware goes with the black finish. The horn idea is a little odd but hey, to each their own.

I got to play the prototype and also the Maryland made...uh.... replica that Rich made for Experience and they were killer. The scale length felt great in B and I like how the dark nickel hardware goes with the black finish. The horn idea is a little odd but hey, to each their own.

I agree with you on the horn.

Very interested in the axe. I do wish it had ebony fretboard as some of the pics I've seen the rosewood seems kinda light and washed out. Birds or maybe a simple 12 fret inlay would have been my preference as well. Does anyone know if the bridge is a Tonepros adjustable or just a PRS designed version?

Was able to try a Clint Lowery at Guitar Center this weekend. Guitar is very light and feels great. Neck is comfortable to play. String tension was perfect for the drop B tuning. As I suspected the rosewood fretboard was on the light side. Ebony would have been great. The inlays would really pop with a darker fretboard. Also I think they should have gone with 22 frets instead of 24. The spacing seems a little cramped on the higher frets. Either way a real nice guitar and a no brainer for low tunings.

Guitar Center is pretty much the only PRS dealer around here (Phoenix, AZ) that's worth a damn*, so I have been keeping an eye on their website for one to show up but none have yet. I don't know how accurate their site is, but they only show 13 total new PRS guitars (both USA and SE) in stock between the 3 Guitar Centers I could potentially go to, Phoenix, Tempe and Scottsdale.

We're less than a month shy of a year since this was announced last September, and I still can't get my hands on one. :(

* One independent PRS dealer, Bizarre Guitar, has maybe 8 or 10 USA models, all are New Old Stock as old as 2002, buried in a corner while they tout their wall of Gibsons. There's also a Sam Ash, it's in the middle of the West Side in a part of town I haven't ever been in 15 years of living here. There's just no reason to go there if you don't live there already. Finally, Cave Creek guitar sells PRSi and several other high end brands, but not really any SEs, and they don't have much in stock, and it's a 40 minute drive to the edge of civilization to get there.

there's one in my nearby store. they're selling it at the same price with a Mahoney, and a further 25% discount. it's a pity i don't have much in my pocket now... :(

Back