Cleartone/DHS Strings for anti-rust oxidation

tyt921

After some super duper extenstive research, Cleartone strings are the only strings on the market with coated strings for all the strings. Unlike elixir which only coated the wound strings. Anyone tried these? Also DHS strings, called boomers. Anyone tried those?

July 4th is coming around, my local music store has strings 50% off. I am gonna go mad, and buy A LOT OF STRINGS because of my cursed hands.

Some Elixirs have anti-rust plain steels...It's not the same thick coating as the wound strings but they are treated and perform well IMO .

DV016_Jpg_Large_101536.jpg

Thanks, I didnt know that Matt, will pick up those, but make sure to double check to seee if they have the plain string coating as well! Also I have heard the polyweb have a thicker coating to it. May sound thicker as well. Yeah?

These are my favorite strings and I do not have any particular issue with string life. Not for everybody but you should definitely try them IMHO.

Some Elixirs have anti-rust plain steels...It's not the same thick coating as the wound strings but they are treated and perform well IMO .

DV016_Jpg_Large_101536.jpg

Another Nanoweb + anti-rust user. Don't have problems w/corrosion and such, but I love the long life of these strings. I couldn't begin to quantify any tonal differences between the Polyweb and the Nanowebs, but somewhere along the line I came to prefer the Nanowebs. For what it's worth.

Only tonal difference I noted was that the nano's sounded better acoustically while playing my semi-hollow unplugged .

you guys rock. Elixirs it is! I am picking up some this saturday, fingers crossed that these wont rot in a day or two. I will post a report after i get em!

After some super duper extenstive research, Cleartone strings are the only strings on the market with coated strings for all the strings. Unlike elixir which only coated the wound strings. Anyone tried these? Also DHS strings, called boomers. Anyone tried those?

July 4th is coming around, my local music store has strings 50% off. I am gonna go mad, and buy A LOT OF STRINGS because of my cursed hands.

I have an SG that shipped with Cleartone strings (seems that Gibson now ships all new guitars with them) and I thought they were great. Would have kept using them actually, but my dealer doesn't stock them. Felt pretty much like a regular string that had been played for a while and sounded no different than a set of, say, D'Addarios.

I just picked up a pack of ClearTones to see how they do. I looked for some Nanoweb elixers but could only find the Polyweb, which I was informed has no "protection" on B and E strings (and that's where I wanted it, lol). Was I informed correct, or was the shop just trying to squeeze another $2 out of me?

I just picked up a pack of ClearTones to see how they do. I looked for some Nanoweb elixers but could only find the Polyweb, which I was informed has no "protection" on B and E strings (and that's where I wanted it, lol). Was I informed correct, or was the shop just trying to squeeze another $2 out of me?

From what I understand, the Nanowebs and Polywebs have the same Gore coating that coats the wounded strings. Nanoweb being a thinner coating, and Polyweb being thicker. Like mentioned above the plain strings # 1, 2, 3 have anti-rust plating on them to prevent corrosion and rust. But some Elixir string packs due to unforeseen circumstances were produced without the anti-rust coating on the plain strings. Elixir was not able to have the material necessary to produce these strings somewhere in year 2011 or something. So some packets of Elixirs will have "with anti-rust plain strings" stated on the front of the box and some will not. Whether they have the anti-rust coating or not, they should all still be the same price. If there is a price difference, its just store discrepancy there. I just bought some Elixirs last night for 10 bucks shipped on eBay.

So these work for me, great. However, I was ordering on ebay, and Thanks to Matt, I was able to scout out many packages that simply did not have the "with Anti-Rust plain strings" on the package. I have heard that people who have acid hands, buying the ones without the coating on the plain strings, it will rust quickly. Thank you for this. I would have never realized such a small detail!!!

Back